Difference between revisions of "KDE-WWW/WebWorld2011"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 20:34, 10 January 2011
Attendees and Costs
Please add yourself to the list below along with an estimation of the expected travel costs.
General Web topics
- Implement a working communication bridge between promo, www, docu and sysadmins (mailinglist, contact persons documented?)
- Skin - Chihuahua 2 - in relation to all websites
- Aiming for consistency and ease of maintenance - creating templates, etc.
- Documentation relating to website design and maintenance
- Liquid Thread display issues
- UserBase Help topics - check relevance, organisation and ease of access.
- Adopt a Project - elicit commitment to keep specific pages as up to date as possible.
- Develop a set of useful Dynamic Page Lists scripts for admins to gather statistics.
- Investigate creation of a UI to enable users to search Main and Talk namespaces in more detail than currently possible.
- Create a Book - define needs for off-line documentation and write documentation to achieve it. Investigate special needs such as all pages in a specific language (how does Special:myLanguage affect this?)
- Discuss ways of rewarding/acknowledging contribution - separate for translations and English new material (stats are different).
- How to encourage developers and Forum admins to point users to UserBase articles?
Involved parties should include web developers/web artists, documentators, designers, sysadmins, promo people
When and Where?
Under discussion. Likely to be at LinuxHotel in Essen, probably in May.
If you are interested but have a non-available spell in April and May, please add the info here.
Annew - not available 24th April - 11th May.