Difference between revisions of "KDE-WWW/WebWorld2011"

Jump to: navigation, search
(Attendees and Costs)
 
(76 intermediate revisions by 15 users not shown)
Line 5: Line 5:
 
==When and Where?==
 
==When and Where?==
  
Under discussion.  Likely to be at LinuxHotel in Essen, probably in May.
+
It will be held at LinuxHotel in Essen, from 1 to 5th June 2011.
  
 
==Attendees and Costs==
 
==Attendees and Costs==
  
Please add yourself to the list below along with an estimation of the expected travel costs, and choose dates on [http://www.doodle.com/modification.html?pollId=c26gdfq3fqbg333h&adminKey=&participantKey=&iEdit=yep our Doodle page]
+
Please fill out your final details in the list below and especially make clear what amount you want to have reimbursed in the column "Real Cost"<!--, and choose dates on [http://www.doodle.com/modification.html?pollId=c26gdfq3fqbg333h&adminKey=&participantKey=&iEdit=yep our Doodle page]
 
+
-->
 
{|
 
{|
! Name
+
!width="150"| Name
! Costs
+
!width="75"| Est. Costs
! Need Accomodation
+
! Real Cost
 +
! Arrival
 +
! Depart
 +
! Food Req.
 +
! Transport or Airport
 +
! Flights
 +
! Single/share room?
 
|-
 
|-
 
|Ingo Malchow
 
|Ingo Malchow
 
|20€
 
|20€
|No
+
|20€
 +
|1.
 +
|5. evening
 +
|just no fish :P
 +
|train
 +
|
 +
|single
 
|-
 
|-
|Aaron Seigo
+
|[[User:Stuart Jarvis|Stuart Jarvis]]
|~130€
+
|Should be <€200
|Yes
+
|~€136 (£100.31 + ~€20 for trains in Germany)
 +
|1st 12h
 +
|5th 14h
 +
|Anything
 +
|DUS+train
 +
|EZ8593; EZ8598
 +
|Can share
 +
|-
 +
|Anne Wilson
 +
|£165
 +
|£100
 +
|31st evening
 +
|5th evening
 +
|
 +
|DUS+train
 +
|LS347; LS348
 +
|Single
 
|-
 
|-
|Emil Sedgh
+
|Toma
 +
|€0
 +
|€0
 +
|1st around noon
 +
|5th evening
 +
|meat & pizza
 +
|By Car
 
|
 
|
|Yes
+
|Single
 +
|-
 +
|Hans Chen
 +
|€200
 +
|~€190 (Flights €125 and rest for train/bus)
 +
|1st before noon
 +
|5th afternoon
 +
|Meat and a bit of everything
 +
|DUS then train; bus then NRN
 +
|SK1623; FR1952
 +
|Single
 
|-
 
|-
|Luca Beltrame
+
|Niklas Laxström
|€150-€180
+
|€250
|Yes
+
|€190 (HEL-DUS) + ???
 +
|1th early
 +
|5th late
 +
|About anything
 +
|DUS+train
 +
|AY703; AY708
 +
|Share
 
|-
 
|-
|Ben Cooksley
+
|Claus Christensen
|1850€
+
|~300€
|Yes
+
|~190€ (Flights 120€)
 +
|1st around noon
 +
|5th evening
 +
|Anything
 +
|DUS + Train
 +
|LH6211; LH6214
 +
|Single
 +
|
 +
|-
 +
|Matthias Meßmer
 +
|~60€
 +
|
 +
|1st evening
 +
|5th evening
 +
|
 +
|Train
 +
|
 +
|Single
 +
|
 +
|
 
|-
 
|-
|Cornelius Schumacher
+
|Eugene Trounev
|180€
+
|$1,080CAD
|Yes
+
|
 +
|
 +
|
 +
|
 +
|
 +
|
 +
|Share
 
|}
 
|}
  
Line 48: Line 123:
 
* Skin - Chihuahua 2 - in relation to all websites
 
* Skin - Chihuahua 2 - in relation to all websites
 
* Aiming for consistency and ease of maintenance - creating templates, etc.
 
* Aiming for consistency and ease of maintenance - creating templates, etc.
 +
** Branding/graphics guidelines?
 
* Documentation relating to website design and maintenance
 
* Documentation relating to website design and maintenance
  
Line 53: Line 129:
  
 
* Liquid Thread display issues
 
* Liquid Thread display issues
 +
* Can and should the Translate system be added to TechBase?
 +
* What issues stop TechBase and Community pages being kept up-to-date?
 +
* Future of hard-to-maintain pages such as http://userbase.kde.org/Issues_Knowledge_Base
 +
* Chihuahua (and, it appears, older wikis) still seems to have problems with enumeration, for example:
 +
# first level
 +
## sub of first level
 +
instead of
 +
 +
1. first level
 +
:: 1.1 sub of first level
  
 
===UserBase Development===
 
===UserBase Development===
Line 61: Line 147:
 
* Investigate creation of a UI to enable users to earch Main and Talk namespaces in more detail than currently possible.
 
* Investigate creation of a UI to enable users to earch Main and Talk namespaces in more detail than currently possible.
 
* Create a Book - define needs for off-line documentation and write documentation to achieve it.  Investigate special needs such as all pages in a specific language (how does Special:myLanguage affect this?)
 
* Create a Book - define needs for off-line documentation and write documentation to achieve it.  Investigate special needs such as all pages in a specific language (how does Special:myLanguage affect this?)
 +
* If we consider CDs of off-line documentation we need to be able to add the animated gifs from the Plasma/How-To pages.  Would PDFs correctly link to them?
 +
** It is possible that the animations will be recorded as OGG files in the future (for better quality) and converted to GIF, what would be the best option for online and offline documentation, respectively?
 +
* Moving a page that has associated translations - what is required to get this working?
 +
* Importing .po files to a specific location (Umbrello, at author request)
 +
* Welcoming (and, later, rewarding) new translators (and contributors?)
  
 
===Promotion===
 
===Promotion===
Line 66: Line 157:
 
* Discuss ways of rewarding/acknowledging contribution - separate for translations and English new material (stats are different).
 
* Discuss ways of rewarding/acknowledging contribution - separate for translations and English new material (stats are different).
 
* How to encourage developers and Forum admins to point users to UserBase articles?
 
* How to encourage developers and Forum admins to point users to UserBase articles?
 +
* Add a piece - A proposal for encouraging users to add information to UserBase.
  
 
----
 
----
 +
[[KDE-WWW/WebWorld2011/log|Log]]

Latest revision as of 15:55, 2 June 2011

Who?

Involved parties should include web developers/web artists, documentators, designers, sysadmins, promo people

When and Where?

It will be held at LinuxHotel in Essen, from 1 to 5th June 2011.

Attendees and Costs

Please fill out your final details in the list below and especially make clear what amount you want to have reimbursed in the column "Real Cost"

Name Est. Costs Real Cost Arrival Depart Food Req. Transport or Airport Flights Single/share room?
Ingo Malchow 20€ 20€ 1. 5. evening just no fish :P train single
Stuart Jarvis Should be <€200 ~€136 (£100.31 + ~€20 for trains in Germany) 1st 12h 5th 14h Anything DUS+train EZ8593; EZ8598 Can share
Anne Wilson £165 £100 31st evening 5th evening DUS+train LS347; LS348 Single
Toma €0 €0 1st around noon 5th evening meat & pizza By Car Single
Hans Chen €200 ~€190 (Flights €125 and rest for train/bus) 1st before noon 5th afternoon Meat and a bit of everything DUS then train; bus then NRN SK1623; FR1952 Single
Niklas Laxström €250 €190 (HEL-DUS) + ??? 1th early 5th late About anything DUS+train AY703; AY708 Share
Claus Christensen ~300€ ~190€ (Flights 120€) 1st around noon 5th evening Anything DUS + Train LH6211; LH6214 Single
Matthias Meßmer ~60€ 1st evening 5th evening Train Single
Eugene Trounev $1,080CAD Share

Topics

General Web topics

  • Implement a working communication bridge between promo, www, docu and sysadmins (mailinglist, contact persons documented?)
  • Skin - Chihuahua 2 - in relation to all websites
  • Aiming for consistency and ease of maintenance - creating templates, etc.
    • Branding/graphics guidelines?
  • Documentation relating to website design and maintenance

Wiki Topics

  • Liquid Thread display issues
  • Can and should the Translate system be added to TechBase?
  • What issues stop TechBase and Community pages being kept up-to-date?
  • Future of hard-to-maintain pages such as http://userbase.kde.org/Issues_Knowledge_Base
  • Chihuahua (and, it appears, older wikis) still seems to have problems with enumeration, for example:
  1. first level
    1. sub of first level

instead of

1. first level

1.1 sub of first level

UserBase Development

  • UserBase Help topics - check relevance, organisation and ease of access.
  • Adopt a Project - elicit commitment to keep specific pages as up to date as possible.
  • Develop a set of useful Dynamic Page Lists scripts for admins to gather statistics.
  • Investigate creation of a UI to enable users to earch Main and Talk namespaces in more detail than currently possible.
  • Create a Book - define needs for off-line documentation and write documentation to achieve it. Investigate special needs such as all pages in a specific language (how does Special:myLanguage affect this?)
  • If we consider CDs of off-line documentation we need to be able to add the animated gifs from the Plasma/How-To pages. Would PDFs correctly link to them?
    • It is possible that the animations will be recorded as OGG files in the future (for better quality) and converted to GIF, what would be the best option for online and offline documentation, respectively?
  • Moving a page that has associated translations - what is required to get this working?
  • Importing .po files to a specific location (Umbrello, at author request)
  • Welcoming (and, later, rewarding) new translators (and contributors?)

Promotion

  • Discuss ways of rewarding/acknowledging contribution - separate for translations and English new material (stats are different).
  • How to encourage developers and Forum admins to point users to UserBase articles?
  • Add a piece - A proposal for encouraging users to add information to UserBase.

Log


This page was last edited on 2 June 2011, at 15:55. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.