This is the hub page for all information about the use of Git by KDE.
KDE and Git
This section provides details on using the KDE Git infrastructure. This is intended for use by KDE developers to find out how KDE uses Git and how to set up Git for use with KDE.
The KDE Git System Administrators Manual is a useful resource for more details on the technical implementation of the KDE Git infrastructure.
Please note that some KDE modules are still using SVN, for more details read the Using Subversion with KDE page.
KDE Git Configuration
How to configure Git for use with the KDE infrastructure.
Please see the Git Configuration page.
KDE Git Policies
KDE policies on Git. More generic development policies go elsewhere.
No formal workflow policy currently exists, but a number of draft proposals have been made:
- Simple Workflow
- Feature Branch Workflow
- Feature Development Workflow
- Git Workflow on the Community Wiki
- The new Commit Policy is being reviewed, applied to both SVN and Git.
- GitHub Mirror has been created and policy is in development (Sep 2015).
KDE Git Recipes
Short recipes for using Git with the KDE infrastructure.
Please see the Git Recipes page.
KDE Git Tutorials
More in-depth instructions in using Git.
Please help filling this section by
- checking the links at the bottom of the page and see which still have valid content
- write tutorials yourself
External Git Resources
Links to useful external sites about Git
Git for SVN Users
- Pro Git - An easy to understand book on git (CC licensed).
- Git Magic - A good intro to git (in several languages!)
- Essential reading if you want to truly understand git.
- tryGit A 15 minute online interactive tutorial
(broken image, get it from Media:Zrusin-git-cheat-sheet-medium.png)