This is the hub page for all information about the use of Git by KDE.
This page is a work in progress where all new Git material is being organised. Most of these sections will eventually be moved to their own pages. Feel free to add stuff.
KDE and Git
This section provides details on using the KDE Git infrastructure.
A primary resource is still http://community.kde.org/Sysadmin/GitKdeOrgManual
KDE Git Configuration
How to configure Git for use with the KDE infrastructure.
Please see the Git Configuration page.
KDE Git Policies
KDE policies on Git. More generic development policies go elsewhere.
KDE Git Recipes
Short recipes for using Git with the KDE infrastructure.
Please see the Git Recipes page.
KDE Git Tutorials
More in-depth instructions in using Git.
Please see the outdated KDE tutorial page which needs major revision.
External Git Resources
Links to useful external sites about Git
Git for SVN Users
- The official tutorial introduction to Git
- Git Magic - A good intro to git (in several languages!)
- The Git Parable - Essential reading if you want to truly understand git.
KDE Documentation Review
Existing Pages For Review
Existing KDE pages about Git, SVN, and/or buildinga KDE that need to be revised. When revising pages try to split the generic development and revision control policies separate from Git specific stuff. Do not refer to "the KDE Git Repository" but instead the "KDE Code Repository". Lots of small simple pages that are less daunting to newbies and can be linked to from multiple locations are preferred to massive walls of text.
- Getting Started/Sources/Amarok Git Tutorial
- Getting Started
- Getting Started/Build/KDE4
- Getting Started/Build/KDE4.x
- Getting Started/Build/KDE4/Prerequisites
- Getting Started/Build/KDE4/Windows/subversion
- Getting Started/Sources/Anonymous SVN
- Infrastructure/Tutorials/Git/Create a patch
- Contribute/Get a SVN Account
- Contribute/First Steps with your KDE SVN Account
There are also numerous other pages referring to "the KDE SVN/subversion repositories" which should be replaced with the generic "KDE code repositories".
There are also numerous translated pages which will need to be updated once the original pages are completed.
New Page Structure
The following pages can now be deleted and/or redirected: