Sponsor: Mario Fux <fux_AT_kde..org>
Kdenlive is an intuitive and powerful multi-track video editor, including most recent video technologies. It relies on several other open source projects, such as FFmpeg, the MLT video framework and frei0r effects. Our software was designed to answer all needs, from basic video editing to semi-professional work. More information on the Kdenlive website kdenlive.org.
List the people committed to the project and actively working on it:
- Vincent Pinon
- Simon Eugster
- Till Theato
- Steve Guilford
- Jean-Nicolas Artaud
Manifesto Compliance Plan
List the actions planned to get in compliance with the manifesto. Don't hesitate to even list parts of the manifesto which don't require action and highlight why. This part will really be used as a discussion starting point with the project sponsor.
Already open governance to some extent, anyone with a KDE account can contribute, mailing list and IRC available.
Focus point: mailing list under used?
Mainly GPL v2, GPL v3+. Some included 3rd party library use different licenses. There were recent checks and Vincent committed some fixes (=> some old Bezier code, found in other places in KDE, is under unclear license, need feedback from people with better understanding of the topic; maybe could be rewritten if necessary)
No barrier known toward the contributors.
Anyone can contribute directly.
Functionality is already at a high level, focus is currently dedicated to reliability. Problems reported on forums and tracker are rapidly analyzed, trying to find an immediate workaround, and then fixed in the code. Mature UI still gets polished progressively.
- Code of Conduct: KDE Community Code of Conduct
- Contributor License Agreement: none
- Established practices: CMake + Qt like most, reviewboard to send patch (no real code reviews as long as patches are small)
- Source materials hosted on KDE git infrastructure
- Online services are not on KDE infrastructure: website (some info/documentation and blogs) and bugtracker on own server, mailing list on sf.net, release source tarballs and forum on KDE
- KDE Licensing policy: ? (see point "Free Software")
- KDE branding guidelines: ?
- No patents
- DONE: website: uses drupal, hosting on KDE
- DONE: mailing list: migrated to KDE
- DONE: continuous integration (build.kde.org)
|DONE||Project team||replies from mailing list correspond to Git activity|
|DONE||Manifesto compliance plan||checks done|
|DONE||Repository and code available||Already on git.kde.org as normal project since 2012|
|DONE||Mailing list available||[email protected] created + archives transferred|
|DONE||Website available||Domain + Content transferred|
|DONE||Active community||Several users are active on forums, few developers on code (hopefully more in future?!)|
|DONE||Manifesto compliance||Everything ok|
|DONE||Bugtracker||the new KF5 based Kdenlive has its bugs in KDE's Bugzilla|