Difference between revisions of "Https://community.kde.org/Get Involved/design/HCI/Checklists/Icons"
(Mark for migration)
m (2 revisions imported: Imported from TechBase)
Revision as of 10:10, 16 May 2019
- If there is a general purpose icon for a particular case, then it should be used instead of new application specific icon.
- General purpose icons should not be used for different purposes. If there is no general purpose icon yet for a particular case, then the KDE artists should be contacted to discuss the addition of a new general purpose icon (email@example.com)
- For application specific icons, an Oxygen icon needs to be provided. (Applications may choose to also provide a Tango- or Crystal-style icon to make ensure a good look in all icon themes that derive from those.)
- For application specific icons, a monochrome icon needs to be provided (important for users with low vision)
2. Respecting System Settings
- The system setting for the standard icon theme should be respected by default.
- The system settings for icon sizes should be respected by default.
- The system settings for icon effects should be respected by default.
3. Other Accessibility Checkpoints
- All information shown via icons must have a text equivalent (this can be a mouseover title). For normal toolbar buttons, this is always the case.
- Icons should be used instead of images wherever it makes sense
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.