Guidelines and HOWTOs/CMake
This is the central directory of all CMake-related pages on TechBase.
KDE4 Specific CMake Documentation
- CMake tutorial
- An introduction to using CMake for KDE4
- KDE's CMake FAQ
- Some Frequently Asked Questions
- KDE CMake modules API
- Documentation for all CMake modules in kdelibs (generated from kdelibs svn)
- Nightly dashboard builds for KDE
- Describes the quality dashboard for KDE and how to set up Nightly builds for it
- KDE4 CMake Buildtypes, macros and variables
- Documentation for the buildtypes (debugfull, release, ...), macros and variables for building KDE4 software, provided by FindKDE4Internal.cmake (manually written)
- Automoc4 documentation.
- CMake for Python projects
- How to integrate a Python project into the KDE4 cmake system.
- Commit Policy for kdelibs/cmake/modules/
- The files in kdelibs/cmake/modules/ are part of the public interface of KDE, some special policies apply to committing there.
- Source compatiblity with CMake
- This page discusses what has to be taken care of in order to stay source compatible on the CMake level.
- Coding style for CMake files
- Some guidelines how to write CMake scripts in KDE.
Changelog for KDE's CMake buildsystem
- Changes in the buildsystem with KDE 4.5
- What has changed in KDE 4.5 compared to KDE 4.4
- Changes in the buildsystem with KDE 4.4
- What has changed in KDE 4.4 compared to KDE 4.3
- Changes in the buildsystem with KDE 4.3
- What has changed in KDE 4.3 compared to KDE 4.2
- Changes in the buildsystem with KDE 4.2
- What has changed in KDE 4.2 compared to KDE 4.0/4.1
More Places to learn about CMake
Here are some good places to learn about CMake in general:
- CMake Manual
- CMake Wiki
- CMake System Checks
- Finding Optional Packages
- KDE 4 Tutorial at the CMake Wiki
- CMake FAQ
- Slides for the "Learning CMake" seminar
- The kde-buildsystem Mailing List Archive
Also, consider joining the CMake mailing list.
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.