- Install Qt (use the official Qt installer, recommended version Qt >= 5.6)
/usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"
brew install cmake wget p7zip gettext ninja
- Prepare some build directory in your home directory, here we assume:
- Get the unix3 branch of KDE emerge
git clone --branch unix3 kde:emerge
- Copy Mac OS X config template to right location, should be OK to use out of the box
cp emerge/kdesettings.mac etc/kdesettings.ini
- Setup environment (path must contain your Qt install, here 5.7 default location and brew's gettext)
- In this shell, now emerge is usable, e.g. to build Kate with all dependencies:
- To create a app bundle (+ dmg file), you need to have the breeze-icons around:
- To do deploy all things, unfortunately at the moment you need a patched macdeployqt. Example scripty for kate can be found on kate.git/mac/emerge-deploy.sh
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.