Information for Students
This page is for collecting ideas for Google Code-in tasks. The tasks will be moved into the GCi app for you to claim when appropriate.
Adding a Proposal
Please only add proposals you are willing to mentor!
Please keep in mind that the tasks are going to be solved by 13 to 17 year olds. We have a particular need for beginner tasks.
When adding an idea to this section, please try to include the following data:
- a brief explanation
- the expected results
- prerequisites for working on your project if any
- if applicable, links to more information or discussions
- your name and email address for contact
The proposals should be ordered by area:
- Code: Tasks related to writing or refactoring code
- Documentation/Training: Tasks related to creating/editing documents and helping others learn more
- Outreach/research: Tasks related to community management, outreach/marketing, or studying problems and recommending solutions
- Quality Assurance: Tasks related to testing and ensuring code is of high quality
- User Interface: Tasks related to user experience research or user interface design and interaction
If you have a good idea for a proposal but are not going to mentor it, get in contact with relevant team/contributor first.
Beginner: Do your first commit
Clone the project the firstcommit. Add your name to the CONTIBUTOR.md in the format specified. And push your commit to the repo. Take the screenshot of the uploaded commit by visiting cgit.kge.org
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.