Information for Students
This page is for collecting ideas for Google Code-in tasks. The tasks will be moved into the GCi app for you to claim when appropriate.
Adding a Proposal
Please only add proposals you are willing to mentor!
Please keep in mind that the tasks are going to be solved by 13 to 17 year olds. We have a particular need for beginner tasks.
When adding an idea to this section, please try to include the following data:
- a brief explanation
- the expected results
- prerequisites for working on your project if any
- if applicable, links to more information or discussions
- your name and email address for contact
The proposals should be ordered by area:
- Code: Tasks related to writing or refactoring code
- Documentation/Training: Tasks related to creating/editing documents and helping others learn more
- Outreach/research: Tasks related to community management, outreach/marketing, or studying problems and recommending solutions
- Quality Assurance: Tasks related to testing and ensuring code is of high quality
- User Interface: Tasks related to user experience research or user interface design and interaction
If you have a good idea for a proposal but are not going to mentor it, get in contact with relevant team/contributor first.