- 1 Guidelines
- 2 Ideas
Information for Students
This page is for collecting ideas for Google Code-in tasks. The tasks will be moved into Melange for you to claim when appropriate.
Adding a Proposal
Please only add proposals you are willing to mentor!
When adding an idea to this section, please try to include the following data:
- a brief explanation
- the expected results
- prerequisites for working on your project if any
- if applicable, links to more information or discussions
- your name and email address for contact
- time to complete the proposal
The proposals should be ordered by area:
- Code: Tasks related to writing or refactoring code
- Documentation: Tasks related to creating/editing documents
- Outreach: Tasks related to community management and outreach/marketing
- Quality Assurance: Tasks related to testing and ensuring code is of high quality
- Research: Tasks related to studying a problem and recommending solutions
- Training: Tasks related to helping others learn more
- User Interface: Tasks related to user experience research or user interface design and interaction
If you have a good idea for a proposal but are not going to mentor it, get in contact with relevant team/contributor first.
Amarok: Donations landing page on our drupal site
Amarok: Migrate content from amarok.kde.org/wiki to various KDE wikis
The content that is still useful should be moved to: community.kde.org/Amarok, userbase or techbase depending on target audience.
Links to be made from a new page on amarok.kde.org linked to from the site's menu.
Amarok: Make a "Team" page
Based on information from Amarok's "About" dialog, various social networks such as openDesktop.org, and talking to team members, make a "Team" page on Amarok's project website, like  or . We're specifically interested in a nice design and layout, and can fill out the data ourselves later on.