- 1 Guidelines
- 2 Ideas
- 2.1 Code
- 2.2 Documentation
- 2.3 Outreach
- 2.4 Quality Assurance
- 2.5 Research
- 2.6 Training
- 2.7 Translation
- 2.8 User Interface
Information for Students
This page is for collecting ideas for Google Code-in tasks. The tasks will be moved into Melange for you to claim when appropriate.
Adding a Proposal
Please only add proposals you are willing to mentor!
When adding an idea to this section, please try to include the following data:
- a brief explanation
- the expected results
- prerequisites for working on your project if any
- if applicable, links to more information or discussions
- your name and email address for contact
- time to complete the proposal
The proposals should be ordered by area:
- Code: Tasks related to writing or refactoring code
- Documentation: Tasks related to creating/editing documents
- Outreach: Tasks related to community management and outreach/marketing
- Quality Assurance: Tasks related to testing and ensuring code is of high quality
- Research: Tasks related to studying a problem and recommending solutions
- Training: Tasks related to helping others learn more
- Translation: Tasks related to localization
- User Interface: Tasks related to user experience research or user interface design and interaction
Inside these areas they should be ordered by difficulty of the proposal (must be one of easy, medium, hard)
If you have a good idea for a proposal but are not going to mentor it, get in contact with relevant team/contributor first.
Amarok: Donations landing page on our drupal site
Amarok: Migrate content from amarok.kde.org/wiki to various KDE wikis
The content that is still useful should be moved to: community.kde.org/Amarok, userbase or techbase depending on target audience.
Links to be made from a new page on amarok.kde.org linked to from the site's menu.