GSoC/2021/StatusReports/HarshKumar: Difference between revisions

From KDE Community Wiki
< GSoC‎ | 2021‎ | StatusReports
(Created page with "== GCompris: Adding new activities == GCompris is an educational software for kids in the age group 2-10 years old. It has more than 150 activities. This software has a huge...")

Line 20: Line 20:
# Oware against Tux
# Oware against Tux
# Oware against a friend
# Oware against a friend
== Week 1 ==
I worked on building a solid base for Encode / Decode activities in the first week. I made a flexible layout.
<gallery>
[[File:PathLayout.gif|frame|center|Layout for Encode / Decode activites]]
</gallery>

Revision as of 15:32, 7 August 2021

GCompris: Adding new activities

GCompris is an educational software for kids in the age group 2-10 years old. It has more than 150 activities. This software has a huge userbase, with over 50K+ downloads on the Google Play store alone. Apart from this, it is available on Windows store and apt and snap for Linux.

The objective for GSoC '21 projects in GCompris is to add new activities. I proposed adding two activities to the project. I'm working on adding the following activities:

Path (T14159)

In this activity, the user has to follow a pre-defined path in a grid and reach the target. This activity is suitable for kids above 6 years of age.

This has four different sub-activities:

1. Encode
  2. Encode Relative
  3. Decode
  4. Decode Relative

Oware (T1537)

It is a traditional board game played in many parts of Africa. I've explained the rules of the game in my proposal.

This further contains two sub-activities:

1. Oware against Tux
  2. Oware against a friend

Week 1

I worked on building a solid base for Encode / Decode activities in the first week. I made a flexible layout.