KDE Connect for Windows
- Albert Vaca Cintora
- Hannah von Reth
- Simon Redman
KDE Connect is an application to sync your connected devices. Some of the features of KDE Connect include:-
- sync mobile and desktop device notifications
- send and receive files between devices
- mobile device as a presentation remote
- clipboard on both devices
- mobile device as keyboard and/or mouse.
KDE Connect also supports plugins that extend the utility of KDE Connect, like- pausing the music or other playing media on a desktop if the mobile device starts ringing, preventing desktop from going to sleep if a device is connected, et al. All these plugins can be fully controlled by the user.
KDE Connect for Windows currently builds using Craft, but has a lot of problems and is currently not suitable for an official release. This project aims to release a port for Windows OS, by fixing the existing plugins accordingly to also support Windows OS, adding system integrations and publishing the official build to the Windows Store.
By the end of this project, we should have a release-able installer shipped to the Windows Store for review.
Steps To Build
Please follow the community guide page on how to build on Windows with Craft.
1) Extend KNotifications for Windows
2) Implement KDE Connect's SFTP plugin in Windows port
3) Implement other KDE Connect plugins in Windows port
4) Develop system integrations for Windows port
5) Publish app to Windows Store
Milestone 1 : Extend KNotifications for Windows
- Status - Complete
- Duration - 27 May, 2019 to 10 June, 2019
- Blog link - KNotifications ❤ Windows 10
- Main patch- add snoretoast backend for KNotifications on Windows
Milestone 2 : Implement KDE Connect's SFTP plugin in Windows port
- Status - IN PROGRESS
- Duration - 10 June, 2019 to ---------
List of Patches
- add .vscode to .gitignore
- change audio dep logic wrt win32
- add snoretoast backend for KNotifications on Windows
Craft Blueprints for KDE
- remove phonon from deps if building for win32
- add snoretoast for win32 builds to knotifs blueprint
- add syntax-highlighting dep for building kio-extras
- Add NSIS Script for KDE Connect