- 1 KDE Connect for macOS port
- 2 Progress
- 2.1 [Done] Before May 6
- 2.2 [Done] May 6 – May 26 (Before the official coding time)
- 2.3 [Done] May 27 – June 16 (Official coding period starts, 3 weeks)
- 2.4 [Done] June 17 – June 28
- 2.5 [Done] June 24 MID TERM EVALUATION
- 2.6 June 24 – July 21 (4 weeks)
- 2.7 July 22 MID TERM EVALUATION
- 2.8 July 22 – August 11 (2 weeks)
- 2.9 August 12 – August 18 (1 week)
- 2.10 Conclusion
- 3 Work In Progress
- 4 Accepted changes
- 5 Posts and Resources
KDE Connect for macOS port
KDE Connect works well on Linux and is built with KDE Frameworks and Qt. There is already “Continuity” on macOS for iPhone and iPad running iOS. But there is no support, and there will never be official support for Android phone on macOS. It makes sense to use KDE Connect on macOS to give Android users a better experience.
The work has two main parts.
Packaging KDE Connect on macOS
Details under construction...
Making plugins work on macOS
Details under construction...
[Done] Before May 6
- Keep investigating the causes of failure of interface boot and try to fix it√
- Finish a HOW-TO wiki for building current version of KDE Connect on macOS√
[Done] May 6 – May 26 (Before the official coding time)
- Keep track of development discussion on IRC, mailing list and telegram group to get deeper knowledge of KDE Connect and KDE Community√
- Fix nightly build of macOS building on KDE Connect Jenkins√
- Try to fix the failure of interface boot √
[Done] May 27 – June 16 (Official coding period starts, 3 weeks)
- Add vlc library blueprint of macOS version into Craft bin(I’ve still finished it, maybe for further using and for other project in KDE) √
- Fix the failure of interface boot by packaging it to a dmg(1 week, May 27 - June 2) √
- May 28 - June 1 Use dbus in Craft rather than installing dbus with Homebrew √
- Fix scripts of “package” option in Craft to build a dmg image (1 week and a half) √
- Package kdeconnect-indicator, kdeconnectd, kdeconnect-cli to DMG package (3 days) √
- June 1 - June 2 Fix dependencies of kdeconnect-indicator, kdeconnectd, kdeconnect-cli in DMG package √
- June 3 - June 9 Dbus integration (make a wrapper and make kdeconnect boot the dbus) √
- June 10 - June 17 Private DBus √
[Done] June 17 – June 28
- Inhibit screensaver implemented by macOS native command (3 days)√
- Implement system volume plugin by coding a native plugin on macOS (4 days)√
[Done] June 24 MID TERM EVALUATION
Up to first evaluation, KDE Connect could be started without explicit configuration. User could use it as a normal application.
June 24 – July 21 (4 weeks)
- June 28 - July 7 Implement native notifications on macOS (1 week and a half)
- July 8 - July 14 Make the sftp plugin work by adding a stfp browser(1 week)
- July 15 - July 17 Integrate KDE Connect with macOS finder extension, which allows users to send files directly from Finder
- July 18 - July 21 Make a clipboard window for QClipboard on macOS
- The documentation should be written during the coding.
July 22 MID TERM EVALUATION
July 22 – August 11 (2 weeks)
- Implement virtual input plugin by fixing X11 or by coding another backend for macOS (4 days)
- Debug and fix share and receive plugin on both Android and macOS sides (2 days)
- 2 days for unit test of new added, macOS-specific codes
August 12 – August 18 (1 week)
- Finish all documentation and clear up
- Release a production-ready install package of dmg format
- [Done] Milestone 1 (Bootstrap) and Milestone 2 (Basic package) will be done before evaluation 1, to make the application run normally without tedious configuration like now.
- [WIP] Milestone 3 (Native system Functionalities) will be done for evaluation 2. Meanwhile, Milestone 4 (Plugin Functionalities) should be started on mid-July, before the evaluation 2.
- Milestone 4 (Plugin Functionalities) and Milestone 5 (Complete package) will be done for final evaluation. And it will be a full deliverable version which is product-ready.
Work In Progress
Inhibit screensaver plugin for macOS screen saver inhibit plugin for macOS
System volume plugin for macOS system volume plugin for macOS
- Use a private dbus for KDE Connect on mac OS macos-private-dbus branch
- Allow kdeconnectd auto launch from kdeconnect-indicator on macOS
- DBus wrapper for KDE Connect only dbus daemon on macOS: Add wrapper for macos dbus connection
- Enable sms test only when SMSAPP_ENABLED set to ON
- Fix macos build
- Add dbus-daemon to kdeconnect
- Add KDE Connect components for macOS
- Fix kdeconnect-indicator bundle on macOS
- Fix missing QtDBus lib for phonon-vlc building on macOS
Posts and Resources