GSoC/2017/StatusReports/ahmedfathy

From KDE Community Wiki
< GSoC‎ | 2017‎ | StatusReports
Revision as of 18:36, 18 June 2017 by Ahmed Fathy (talk | contribs)

- Hupnp_av code. useful for viewing codes and moving through them as the offline version is not connected to a project https://code.woboq.org/kde/extragear/graphics/kipi-plugins/dlnaexport/hupnpmediaserver.cpp.html

Very useful documentation for me for Hupnp

file:///home/ahmed/Downloads/herqq-1.0.0/hupnp/docs/html/builddevice_tutorial.html file:///home/ahmed/Downloads/herqq-1.0.0/hupnp/docs/html/group__hupnp__devicemodel.html#_details file:///home/ahmed/Downloads/herqq-1.0.0/hupnp/docs/html/group__hupnp__devicehosting.html file:///home/ahmed/Downloads/herqq-1.0.0/hupnp/docs/html/class_herqq_1_1_upnp_1_1_h_device_host.html

Upnp Full specs document /home/ahmed/Downloads/upnpresources/documents

Nodejs library -> tested on my machine https://www.npmjs.com/package/peer-upnp

Pupnp library -> /home/ahmed/upnp-different-libraries-test/pupnp/pupnp

---

9/6 During the last period, I have done a lot of reading both for the Upnp standard and some of its implementations in javascript (node) and c++ . I connected my computer to my android phone using SSDP using some libraries. this might be a small step, but It actually means I got the grasp of what I will actually be doing in the coming days. my goal next is to make my own stand alone ssdp QT code that will be part of the actual standalone server I will implement for the final project.

I compiled Hupnp library in QT5 now and fixed issues as they arose. I decided to use this and not write from scratch. I will implement the standalone server using Hupnp ( the ported edition ) source code DIRECTLY, no linking etc.. Simple communication between my computer and my SSDP tracer on my android let me know that the mobile did discover the Hupnp media server which is a good step forward. I hope to finish the stand alone server before the first evaluation deadline, but If I couldn't, it will not be long after that.