''' Screenshot: '''

''' IRC Nick: '''  
''' IRC Nick: ''' dfighter

''' IRC Channels: '''  
''' IRC Channels: ''' kdevelop

'''Blog: '''  
'''Blog: ''' https://dfighter1985.wordpress.com/

''' This is awesome about GSoC: '''
''' This is awesome about GSoC: ''' I get to do my hobby (developing open source software) and get paid for it.

''' This is what I learned during GSoC: '''
''' This is what I learned during GSoC: '''

Revision as of 15:02, 31 May 2015

Status reports for GSoC, OPFW and SoK 2015.

Student Name (Please leave this as a template and make a copy for yourself!)

Project Name:

A Brief Description:

Screenshot:

IRC Nick:

IRC Channels:

Blog:

This is awesome about GSoC:

This is what I learned during GSoC:

Akshay Ratan

Project Name: IRC Protocol for Kopete

A Brief Description: Kopete does not have working IRC protocol support. In Kopete, git tree is unfinished semi­ported plugin from Kopete KDE3 which is not working. This project aims to provide a full fledged IRC Plugin support to Kopete.

Status: Currently integrating Communi framework for IRC support in Kopete. Will be updating the progress on my blog soon.

IRC Nick: akshay_r

IRC Channels: #kopete, #kde-devel, #kde-soc, #kde-in, #plasma

Blog: Akshay Ratan

This is awesome about GSoC: The satisfaction of seeing your contribution integrated in real-world applications with so many people using it. The opprtunity to learn so many new things, and enjoying each and every bit of open-source software development.

This is what I learned during GSoC: CMake, Git Version Controlling, IRC Protocols

Siddhesh suthar

Project Name: Port of GCompris to QtQuick

A Brief Description: GCompris is a an educational software suite comprising of numerous activities for children aged 2 to 10. Originaly written in Gtk+ it's development team decided to rewrite it from scratch in Qt Quick. I am porting reading activities and will create new computer learning activities this summer.

IRC Nick: siddhism

IRC Channels: #gcompris

Blog: siddhism.github.io

This is awesome about GSoC: We get to learn things and enjoy our work at the same time. It feels awesome to contribute and see our work integrated, inspires us to do more quality work.

This is what I learned during GSoC: To properly plan and discuss the features. A lot to be learned in coding period yet.

Mohamed Anwer

Project Name: [digiKam] Rewrite database KIO-slaves as pure Qt5 with multithreading

A Brief Description: Originally, KIO-Slaves was implemented to run database queries in a separate process to prevent problems with SQlite. Since SQlite support queries from separate threads, KIO-slaves can be dropped, and a new API can be implemented using pure Qt threads API. This will improve digiKam portability, and permit adjusting CPU cores assigned to database processes efficiently.

• Dropping dependency on KIO-Slaves:
    In progress
  • Patching the database files:
    In progress
  • Creating GUI dedicated to controlling multithreading:
    In progress
  • Writing test code:
    In progress
  • Documentation:
    In progress
  • Benchmarking:
    In progress

IRC Nick: tootis

IRC Channels: #digikam

Blog: Mohamed Anwer

This is awesome about GSoC: Not Yet

This is what I learned during GSoC: Not Yet

Garvit Khatri

Project Name: Integrate Cantor with LabPlot

A Brief Description: This project aims to integrate cantor (a front-end to powerful mathematics and statistics packages) with LabPlot (a scientific data plotter application). The expected result is a to use cantor's session data as to plot graphs inside labplot.

Screenshot: Selection_110.png

IRC Nick: garvitdelhi

IRC Channels: #kde-devel, #kde-soc, #kde-edu

Blog: http://garvitdelhi.blogspot.in/

This is awesome about GSoC: We get to write code with best community people and also get paid for it. We get to learn a lot of things as we progress with the summers.

Vineet Garg

Project Name: Improving KDE Connect encryption

A Brief Description: KDE Connect uses plain RSA encryption scheme to transfer packets between devices. This project aims to use SSL for packet encryption.

Status: Code refactored on Android side to provide backward compatibility. Started implementing SSL filter over sessions.

IRC Nick: vineet

IRC Channels: #kde-devel

Blog: https://thebinarybin.wordpress.com/

This is awesome about GSoC: Working with awesome people on awesome project who can pin point even the tiniest error and help you to do some great work.

This is what I learned during GSoC: About networking protocols, cryptography and security

Laszlo Kis-Adam

Project Name: KDevelop - Checker framework

A Brief Description: Create a reusable framework for problem checker tools. Update some tools to use the framework. Create new tools with the framework.

• Creating framework:
    In progress
  • Updating kdev-krazy:
    In progress
  • Updating kdev-cppcheck:
    In progress
  • Updating kdev-valgrind:
    In progress
  • Implementing clang-check:'
    In progress
  • Implementing pylint:
    In progress

Screenshot:

IRC Nick: dfighter

IRC Channels: kdevelop

Blog: https://dfighter1985.wordpress.com/

This is awesome about GSoC: I get to do my hobby (developing open source software) and get paid for it.