FreeBSD/HowTo: Difference between revisions

From KDE Community Wiki
(Created page with "= How To = This page collects "How To" information about configuring KDE applications, or setting up your system to be most productive. But we haven't had any submissions rec...")

No edit summary
Line 1: Line 1:
= How To =
[b] How to avoid having annoying problems with the pulseaudio server inside the plasma5 environment[/b]

This page collects "How To" information about configuring KDE applications, or setting up your system to be most productive. But we haven't had any submissions recently, and the "How To set up KDE 3 with FreeBSD 5.5" information we used to have isn't exactly useful anymore.
I edited  /usr/local/etc/pulse/default.pa and added this line:
[b]load-module module-oss device="/dev/dsp2" sink_name=2[/b]

I also ran these commands to make sure phonon4-gstreamer would not have problems with pulseaudio:

[b]
gconftool-2 -t string --set /system/gstreamer/0.10/default/audiosink pulsesink[/b]

[b]gconftool-2 -t string --set /system/gstreamer/0.10/default/audiosrc pulsesrc[/b]

Revision as of 00:29, 23 June 2017

[b] How to avoid having annoying problems with the pulseaudio server inside the plasma5 environment[/b]

I edited /usr/local/etc/pulse/default.pa and added this line: [b]load-module module-oss device="/dev/dsp2" sink_name=2[/b]

I also ran these commands to make sure phonon4-gstreamer would not have problems with pulseaudio:

[b] gconftool-2 -t string --set /system/gstreamer/0.10/default/audiosink pulsesink[/b]

[b]gconftool-2 -t string --set /system/gstreamer/0.10/default/audiosrc pulsesrc[/b]