The KDE/FreeBSD team is an international, loosely-organized, online community. You can reach us through various online means; our usual language of communication is English, and our timezones mostly European.
Most of the day-to-day communication within the team happens on IRC. We use Freenode as our IRC network, and you can find us in #kde-freebsd. You may also be interested in #kde-devel for general KDE development issues (if you find problems that are not KDE-on-FreeBSD specific) or #freebsd for general FreeBSD-related discussion.
If you decide to join #kde-freebsd, please keep the channel etiquette in mind:
- On-topic discussions
- Packaging of KDE on FreeBSD
- Porting new KDE Applications to FreeBSD
- Problems compiling KDE software from SVN or Git, on FreeBSD
- Tracking down FreeBSD-specific bugs in KDE software
- KDE coding / bug fixing (particularly on FreeBSD, but also on portability issues)
- Off-topic discussions
- Gratuitous offensiveness
- Politics (any kind)
- OS / desktop / toolkit advocacy
Familiar chat about your kids, your dog, movies, the weather, et cetera is usually okay, but please exercise restraint if there is an on-topic discussion happening in the channel. At all times, on-topic discussions take priority over off-topic ones, and if you do not want to follow that rule please leave the channel. Repeatedly ignoring this polite request will lead to you being kicked, and eventually banned, from the channel.