Frameworks/Windows

From KDE Community Wiki
Revision as of 11:27, 27 October 2013 by Svuorela (talk | contribs)
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.

This page tracks the status of KDE Frameworks on Microsoft Windows.

I have only tested with MSVC2010 32-bit.

Tier 1

Working: itemmodels, itemviews, kplotting, kcodecs, kguiaddons, kidletime, kwidgetsaddons, sonnet. More details later.

The rest are currently disabled in CMake. This means you can build kdelibs as a whole with no errors at the moment, but only because the non-working parts are being skipped...

ItemModels

Builds, no warnings. The autotests are currently disabled on all platforms and there are no manual tests, so I haven't tested if it works.

ItemViews

Builds, only some deprecated warnings. Unit test passes. Manual tests work fine. kwidgetitemdelegatetest shows a bug that is probably cross‐platform (will report later).

KWidgetsAddons

Builds with no relevant warnings, unit tests pass. There's many manual tests; I haven't carefully tested them all yet.

ThreadWeaver

Builds, tests pass sometimes, other times locks up.

KCoreAddons

KRandom isn't very well seeded

KDirWatch also has some code working around a Windows limitation, which is obsolete because QFileSystemWatcher already implements the same workaround. But getting things to compile should be a priority over removing that.

KSharedDataCache has failing tests KDirWatch test fails with QFileSystemWatcher backend on both windows and linux. Added to the kdelibs cleanup.

KWindowSystem

Hundreds of errors casting WId to HWND in Windows‐specific code.

KArchive

there is something about building it and size of wchar https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-34385. So far only build-tested with zlib installed

KJS

Not tested yet due to PCRE dependency.