The strategy and policies for the KDE Frameworks effort is yet to be discussed and decided.
This page is a starting point for further expansion.
Framework directory structure
All the frameworks will have the same directory structure which will follow some rules:
- The containing directory has the name of the technology (plasma, kio, itemmodels, etc.);
- At the top level we find the common files like README, TODO, MAINTAINER, etc.
- More comprehensive documentation go into a docs subdirectory
- The source code for the targets go into src subdirectory, if several payload are built (like a core lib and a gui layer on top) then src will contain one subdirectory per library: core, gui, widgets, etc.
- Code examples go into an examples subdirectory
- Automatic tests go into an autotests subdirectory
- Test applications go into a tests subdirectory
Frameworks have automatic unit tests
Enough said really... They must be unit tested with automatic unit tests.