This section lists the things that are being worked on at the moment.
Missing Dolphin 1.x Features
Dolphin 1.x features that are still missing in the master branch belong here.
- Horizontal autoscrolling for the Folders Panel. Won't be implemented for 2.0 anymore: Let's wait for feedback first - if the autoscrolling will be requested again let's bring it back in 2.1.
- Moving of columns in the details view. Would be great having it back for 2.0, but let's fix the open other issues first before starting with this.
Known regressions in the master branch are listed here.
- GUI option: "show selection marker" when unchecked, selection marker still visible until dolphin is restarted.
- KFileItemModel::setExpanded(): Is still true after calling removeExpandedItems() (see mail from Frank "Re: Minor issue KFileItemModel with expanding items" 25.11.2011 00:05).
- When activating "Open folders during drag operations" Dolphin needs to get restarted to enable the setting.
- When having a split view and "Open folders during drag operations" is enabled, opening a folder results in updating both views.
- In Icons View with enabled grouping, pressing Up/Down does not move the focus the the previous/next row. Reason: KItemListController::keyPressEvent(QKeyEvent* event) uses a constant 'itemsPerRow'. Note: Please contact Peter before starting with fixing this issue.
- Page Up/Down not working Bug #288748
Bugs That We Could Not Reproduce Yet
- Crash in KFileItemModelRolesUpdater when deleting the current folder in Konsole and then moving out of the folder. See Bug #282340.
Restore current item and selection after resorting the model.See commit . Frank 15:49, 3 October 2011 (BST) The wheel-scrolling should use 1/4 of the page as page-step and not 1 page like currently(see Bug #284646).
- Split view issues resolved by commit  Frank
Right click on any item in the left view, and it doesn't "actually" get selected. You can confirm this by opening the properties of the item, it will show the current directory properties and not the selected file properties. If you right-click on a file on the right view, it shows what it should. After doing this, it starts to work for the left pane also. Try renaming a file in any of the views and refresh, the changes are shown only on the right one. Select an item in the right pane, and right-click on any other item in the left one, click on properties. It shows the information for the one selected in the right pane.
Enable grouping of itemsPeter Sorting folders by size (i.e., number of items) does not work yetPeter Details view: Fix issues with the horizontal scrollbar and the column-sizesPeter Details View: no expansion toggles are shown in the root folder ('/')Peter Dragging multiple items shows only one icon next to the mouse cursorsee Bug #285031. Selection markersPeter Keyboard navigation only works if the view has been clicked before.Fixed by the DolphinView changes in commit . Open folders on drag operationsPeter Filtering of itemsPeter In Details View, pressing Right Arrow/Left Arrow should expand/collapse a folder.Peter The current item is not updated during a rubber-band selection.Fixed by commit . Frank Drag & Drop: Select items 0 - 3, drag item 4 -> 0 - 3 should not be dragged and get unselected.Fixed by commit . Frank When turning on/off the preview the zoom-slider does not change. Also when the preview size is equal to icon size no previews get generated.Fixed by commits  and . Frank/* Known Bugs */ If an item is renamed using F2, the new name is only shown after a refresh (e.g., with F5).Fixed by commit  Frank Folders Panel: Use the new view-enginePeter In Icons View, the maximum scroll offset is not correct if the last row has items that need more text lines than the very last item. See Bug #287211. Root cause is found, but the suggested patch might not work when grouping is enabled.Frank/Peter Open a folder in split view, and create a new folder. The right pane won't show the correct icon.Peter The 'context menu key' on the keyboard (= left key beside the right Strg-key) is not supported anymore.See Bug #288366. Peter If an item is renamed, the new name is not taken into account for the sort order.Frank Details view: When navigating with the keyboard-arrow-keys the current item might get hidden by the header.Peter Dragging several folders and dropping on one of them causes an error message shown in a modal dialog.See Bug #283646. Peter Sorting in combination with details view: When sorting by date, opening sub-folders results in a wrong sort-orderPeter If previews are enabled and an image is changed, the preview icon is replaced by a generic icon. Only after pressing F5, the new preview is shown. See Bug #288691. Bug #288824, which is about changing custom folder icons, might be a duplicate. Possible reason: void KFileItemModelRolesUpdater::slotItemsChanged(const KItemRangeList& itemRanges, const QSet<QByteArray>& roles) is not implemented yet.Peter Opening the properties dialog for any item and clicking "OK" replaces the icon by a generic icon.See Bug #288921, Bug #288824. Peter Assure that "Show tooltips" is enabled and drag an item. Result: Tooltip gets shown during dragging (testing recommended in combination with split-view -> tooltip-mess...)Peter Drag item to directory with no write access -> modal dialog pops up with "Access denied". Either check during dragging whether dropping is OK or show error in statusbar.Peter When clicking in the empty space below the items and then moving the mouse down and out of the window while the mouse button is pressed, items may disappear from the view. See Bug #282353. Screencast available in the bug report.Peter Changing the preview settings does not affect views that are already open. Only new views honor the changed settings. See Bug #288726Peter
This page was last edited on 2 August 2013, at 15:25. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.