Digikam/GSoC2012/CameraUserInterfaceRevamp/Implementation: Difference between revisions

From KDE Community Wiki
mNo edit summary
Line 76: Line 76:
     |- capturedlg.h,cpp
     |- capturedlg.h,cpp

= Issues =
= Issues I Will Take Care Of =
# To implement the tags, labels features, CamItemInfo needs to have those similar functionalities of the ImageInfo.
# To implement the tags, labels features, CamItemInfo needs to have those similar functionalities of the ImageInfo.
# Backend code should get some features like updating the listed files after removing/renaming any of them in the backend.
# Backend code should get some features like updating the listed files after removing/renaming any of them in the backend.
# Photo thumbnails sometimes are low resolution (in the UMS cameras), this issue is reproduced with all RAW files I have. see [http://community.kde.org/File:Sdy342.png link]. The thumbnails quality rendered better when I commented out the getting thumbs from Exif data, but the loading was very slow.
# Photo thumbnails sometimes are low resolution (in the UMS cameras), this issue is reproduced with all RAW files I have. see [http://community.kde.org/File:Sdy342.png link]. The thumbnails quality rendered better when I commented out the getting thumbs from Exif data, but the loading was very slow.
= Questions =
# I want to know about the Priv classes why they are created like that?

Revision as of 06:39, 22 May 2012

New Files Structure

Devices Folder

DKCamera

digiKam camera interface, Implemented by the two backends, GPCamera and UMSCamera.

GPCamera

The backend for the supported gPhoto2 library cameras.

UMSCamera

USB mass-storage device class (USB MSC or UMS), which is a protocol that allows USB devices to be accessible.

CamItemInfo

Holds the information for a single camera item "Photo, Video, Audio, ..."

Controller Folder

CameraController

Is responsible for doing all the import interface jobs (camera commands) like listing files/folders, capturing photos, get metadata & free space, get thumbnails, download photos, etc. It should be modified to communicate with the import models in a similar manner that AlbumManager communicates with album models.

CameraHistoryUpdater

Is responsible for updating the history of the jobs done by the interface.

Download Settings

It is the settings in the right sidebar of the interface. There is no need to change it.

Dialogs Folder

Contains all the dialogs for the import interface, there is no need to change it, just move it to another suitable directory.

Main Folder

Contains the main interface class, should be revamped with the new changes and moved to a suitable directory.

Widgets Folder

For now no change in it, just move it to a new directory.

Backend

I am thinking of keeping the controller classes and make them communicates with the models, maybe I will add some features to them, but not now. About the camera thumbs controller I don't know whether to make it communicates with the model to give it the thumbs info, or replace it with a dedicated model for thumbnail handling?

Models

ImportImageModel

The base model to list images from the backends, it is of base type QAbstractListModel, it communicates with the camera controller and gets populated with item infos.

Sorting

ImageFilterModel

The New Structure

|- utilities
 |- importui
  |- backend
   |- cameracontroller.h,cpp
   |- camerahistoryupdater.h,cpp
   |- camerathumbsctrl.h,cpp
   |- downloadsettings.h,cpp
   |- camiteminfo.h,cpp
   |- dkcamera.h,cpp
   |- gpcamera.h,cpp
   |- gpconfigdlg.h,cpp
   |- umscamera.h,cpp
  |- main
   |- importui.h,cpp
   |- importui_p.h
   |- importui.rc
  |- models
   |- ImportImageModel.h,cpp
   |- ImageFilterModel.h,cpp
  |- views
   |- not now!
  |- widgets
   |- not now!
  |- dialogs
   |- importfolderdialog.h,cpp
   |- importinfodialog.h,cpp
   |- importmessagebox.h,cpp
   |- capturedlg.h,cpp

Issues I Will Take Care Of

1. To implement the tags, labels features, CamItemInfo needs to have those similar functionalities of the ImageInfo.
  2. Backend code should get some features like updating the listed files after removing/renaming any of them in the backend.
  3. Photo thumbnails sometimes are low resolution (in the UMS cameras), this issue is reproduced with all RAW files I have. see link. The thumbnails quality rendered better when I commented out the getting thumbs from Exif data, but the loading was very slow.

Questions

1. I want to know about the Priv classes why they are created like that?