Calligra/Words/Text Styles UI Mockup

From KDE Community Wiki
Revision as of 09:35, 11 December 2010 by Estan (talk | contribs) (Added the image and link to SVG)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

This is a UI mockup for the text styles tree I did a couple of years ago. It might give some inspiration for a future re-work. Below is also some IRC conversation from when I recently showed the mockup in #calligra.

Text styles tree mockup

Original SVG

10:08 < estan> boemann: morning. i found a old (maybe two years) mockup sketch i did once when thinking about the text styles docker; 
               http://www.nada.kth.se/~stansvik/files/styles-tree-mock.png , maybe you can find some inspiration in it.
10:09  * boemann looks
10:11 < CyrilleB> definitely dark hint the whole item, I thought the green indent indicates child relation
10:11 < estan> CyrilleB: yea.
10:12 < boemann> estan: interesting, some of my ideas conflict but there are definite stuff there that i find interesting, and i agree with CyrilleB
10:12 < CyrilleB> I like the preview area
10:14 < boemann> i'd prefer the tooltip variation, as the fixed on isn't big enought to show paragraph and list properties
10:14 < estan> boemann: yea, i just found it while cleaning out my ~/Bilder, another (maybe crazy) idea i know i had when i saw some blog posts about flipping widgets 
               was that maybe a larger preview could be on the "back" of the item in the list, and hovering the preview would flip the widget around temporarily to 
               show the larger preview.
10:15  * boemann 's most import wish is to have one click application
10:16 < boemann> well most important is to get rid of the tree structure
10:16 < estan> another thing which that mockup doesn't cover is that i think it would be nice with _some_ kind of preview for all the styles in the list, eventhough it 
               won't show the whole picture. so that you can quickly scan the list and find what you're looking for..
10:16 < estan> yea.
10:17 < boemann> agree
10:18 < boemann> estan: will the image stay or should i download it?
10:19 < boemann> estan: even better could you put it on a wiki page
10:19 < estan> hm. better download it actually since it's on my uni account which has ridiculously small quote, so it might go at some point.
10:19 < estan> ah. i'll put it on wiki.
10:19 < boemann> copy paste our irc exchange too
10:20 < estan> alright. i'll put up the SVG original too.
10:20 < estan> hm what is the right wiki for such stuff in these calligra days?