Calligra/Release Howto: Difference between revisions

From KDE Community Wiki
Line 17: Line 17:
* warn the i18n coordinator in advance
* warn the i18n coordinator in advance
* copy translation to stable-kde4 (use the calligra-release.rb scripts in [http://quickgit.kde.org/index.php?p=scratch%2Fberger%2Fcalligra-release-scripts.git&a=summary calligra's release scripts ])
* copy translation to stable-kde4 (use the calligra-release.rb scripts in [http://quickgit.kde.org/index.php?p=scratch%2Fberger%2Fcalligra-release-scripts.git&a=summary calligra's release scripts ])
* update scripty for stable translations (edit scripts/get_paths  change the get_path function, and check that list_modules contains calligra)
* update scripty for stable translations (edit scripts/get_paths  change the get_path function, and check that list_modules contains calligra):
svn+ssh://[email protected]/home/kde/branches/stable/l10n-kde4/scripts
* check that stable-kde4/doocumentation has an external on the calligra's branch documentation
* check that stable-kde4/doocumentation has an external on the calligra's branch documentation
* announce it to translators (CCMAIL:[email protected])
* announce it to translators (CCMAIL:[email protected])

Revision as of 06:40, 3 March 2012

This page contains notes on what needs to be done when releasing a new version of Calligra.

Note

This is work in progress. You can contribute to this page or request updates.

Tarball creation

Branching

Code

git checkout -b calligra/${VERSION}
git push origin calligra/${VERSION}

Translation

Prepare yourself for a lot of suffering:

• warn the i18n coordinator in advance
  • copy translation to stable-kde4 (use the calligra-release.rb scripts in calligra's release scripts )
  • update scripty for stable translations (edit scripts/get_paths change the get_path function, and check that list_modules contains calligra):
svn+ssh://[email protected]/home/kde/branches/stable/l10n-kde4/scripts
  • check that stable-kde4/doocumentation has an external on the calligra's branch documentation
  • announce it to translators (CCMAIL:[email protected])

Website update

Preparation:

• announcements/changelog-#{version}.php
  • announcements/announce-#{version}.php
  • releases/#{version}-release.php
  • release notes translation:
* send the release notes a few days before release to kde-i18n-doc at kde.org
* complete the page "announcements/announce-#{version}.php" with link to the translation that are usually hosted on KDE i18n local team websites

Last-minute changes:

• releases/index.php
  • announcements/index.php
  • site.inc
  • news.rdf
  • menu.inc