This page provides a proposal how to implement scripting in ODF.
- So far the only way to get such dynamic functionality in is using macros. But macros suck, they are unflexible and functionality is missing.
- Do something if e.g. an image is clicked.
- Formula variable for complex calculations.
- In forms e.g. for input-validation.
- Add or remove files from the ODF zip document.
- Network-access to e.g. update content or fetch informations for processing from the internet. By it's nature this needs proper security (e.g. document signing).
- Persistent document and local document-wide storage to e.g. save and restore settings or 'global' variable-states.
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.