Calligra/Building Calligra on Windows/BuildKritaOnWindows

From KDE Community Wiki
Revision as of 07:43, 25 September 2013 by Halla (talk | contribs) (Created page with "This is the quick, hackish way to build Krita on Windows. This only works if you are building an x64 version of Krita, on Windows 7 or Windows 8 with MSVC 2012 for Desktop. It...")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

This is the quick, hackish way to build Krita on Windows. This only works if you are building an x64 version of Krita, on Windows 7 or Windows 8 with MSVC 2012 for Desktop. It short-circuits the building of all the dependencies by downloading a file with all deps pre-built.

• Install git, cmake and msvc2012 for Desktop
  • create a directory c:\p
  • got to c:\p and checkout calligra (git clone git://anongit.kde.org/calligra)
  • mdir c:\p\vs11
  • download http://www.valdyas.org/~boud/i.zip and unpack in c:\. You should have a c:\i directory that contains a bin, lib, share, include etc. Since paths are hard-coded in .lib files, it cannot be in any other place!
  • In the VS2012 x64 Cross Tools Command Prompt window, go to c:\p\vs11 and run this cmake command to create the Visual Studio Solution: cmake -G "Visual Studio 11 Win64" -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=c:\i -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo -DKDE4_BUILD_TESTS=OFF -DPRODUCTSET=CREATIVE -DHAVE_MEMORY_LEAK_TRACKER=OFF -DPACKAGERS_BUILD=ON -DHAVE_BACKTRACE_SUPPORT=OFF -DPACKAGERS_BUILD=ON ..\calligra
  • Now you can build in that command prompt window using this command: cmake --build . --target INSTALL --config RelWithDebInfo -- /m
  • If there are no errors, you can go to c:\i and create the configuration cache that contains the locations of all the plugins: run "env.bat bin\kbuildsycoca4"
  • Now you can run c:\i\bin\krita.exe