Calligra/Building Calligra on Windows/BuildKritaOnWindows: Difference between revisions

From KDE Community Wiki
(Created page with "This is the quick, hackish way to build Krita on Windows. This only works if you are building an x64 version of Krita, on Windows 7 or Windows 8 with MSVC 2012 for Desktop. It...")

(Replaced content with "<removed obsolete instructions>")

Line 1: Line 1:
This is the quick, hackish way to build Krita on Windows. This only works if you are building an x64 version of Krita, on Windows 7 or Windows 8 with MSVC 2012 for Desktop. It short-circuits the building of all the dependencies by downloading a file with all deps pre-built.
<removed obsolete instructions>

* Install git, cmake and msvc2012 for Desktop
* create a directory c:\p
* got to c:\p and checkout calligra (git clone git://anongit.kde.org/calligra)
* mdir c:\p\vs11
* download http://www.valdyas.org/~boud/i.zip and unpack in c:\. You should have a c:\i directory that contains a bin, lib, share, include etc. Since paths are hard-coded in .lib files, it cannot be in any other place!
* In the VS2012 x64 Cross Tools Command Prompt window, go to c:\p\vs11 and run this cmake command to create the Visual Studio Solution: cmake -G "Visual Studio 11 Win64" -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=c:\i -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo -DKDE4_BUILD_TESTS=OFF  -DPRODUCTSET=CREATIVE -DHAVE_MEMORY_LEAK_TRACKER=OFF  -DPACKAGERS_BUILD=ON -DHAVE_BACKTRACE_SUPPORT=OFF -DPACKAGERS_BUILD=ON ..\calligra
* Now you can build in that command prompt window using this command: cmake --build . --target INSTALL --config RelWithDebInfo -- /m
* If there are no errors, you can go to c:\i and create the configuration cache that contains the locations of all the plugins: run "env.bat bin\kbuildsycoca4"
* Now you can run c:\i\bin\krita.exe

Latest revision as of 08:21, 15 July 2014

<removed obsolete instructions>