Please report any bugs on https://bugs.kde.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=amarok
Dedicated Amarok installer
current version: Amarok 2.7.0
All in one, Windows-like installer. It contains all required dependencies:
Portable Amarok package
current version: Amarok 2.5.0-1
A portable package, it contains all required dependencies, to use it just extract it and run the amarok.bat:
- direct download
- sha1sum 8097f8c9fc50d9a29f29ba6e97e965a7ad4c6aee
The Portable package is still in a kind of beta so please test and give us your feedback!
- KDE 4.10.2
- vlc 2.0.6
- Amaroks settings are no longer written to the %APPDATA%\.kde directory but to %APPDATA%\Amarok, so the should be no more configuration clashes with other kde applications like digicam, calligra or kontact. To modify the location have a look on the bin\kde.conf
- Fixed mysql db location
- Disabled non working audio cd plugin
- Amarok 2.6.0 ;)
- KDE 4.9.0
- vlc 2.0.2
- support for installing the localisations
- translated installer
- Solid improvements so you will get basic ums support, no transcoding no file management, no audio CD support
- KDE 4.8.0
- vlc 2.0.0
- phonon 4.6.0
- phonon-vlc 0.5.0
- Fixed playback of files with non ascii characters in the name
- Amarok 2.5.0 ;)
- KDE 4.7.4
- New installer style and improved install/uninstall
- New script for the portable package
- Fixed the damaged mysql files caused by strip -s, which lead to a non working collection, it also caused the Avira warning for echo.exe
- Removed version number from installation path
- Fixed crash on listening to last.fm radio
- New startmenu shortcuts
- Fixed memory leak in solid
Installation from Windows KDE
This is recommended if you plan to use other KDE aplications like Kate or Okular too.
- Visit Windows KDE and download the installer
- On the mirror page select winkde.org
- Select Amarok
- Click on continue
- Start listening to music with your favourite music player
If you have at least Window Vista please try VSD,
just copy it to your Amarok installation and run it in the command line
"vsd amarok --debug" to get the Amarok output.
An alternative o get debug output is DebugView but you can get a bit confused by the mass of output.
To enable Snarl or Growl support:
- In the Amarok settings dialog go to the section about Notifications and enable "Use system notifications"
- Start Snorenotify
- Then select your notification backend in the snore taskbar menu.
- i-pod support, building of libgpod is possible but device is not recognised by solid.
- ums recognition, fix solid
- upnp, sometimes the upnp collection is found but no tracks are available, most of the time upnp doesn't show up
- transcoding, work in progress, compile missing dependencies
- audiocd recognition, fix solid