Amarok/Development/openDesktop.org Profile Guidelines

From KDE Community Wiki
Revision as of 12:35, 10 December 2012 by Mayankmadan (talk | contribs) (Created page with "Category:Amarok Category:Development == openDesktop.org Profile Guidelines == Amarok authors and contributors: if you wish for extended data from openDesktop.org to b...")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

openDesktop.org Profile Guidelines

Amarok authors and contributors: if you wish for extended data from openDesktop.org to be displayed in Amarok's new about dialog, you need:

• An openDesktop.org account (obviously), with a profile filled according to the guidelines listed below.
  • An entry in ocsData in main.cpp that connects your openDesktop.org username with your KAboutPerson object.
  • Keep in mind that your openDesktop.org profile will be loaded in the about dialog only when the user enters his openDesktop.org credentials.

Profile guidelines:

• Under Irc Channels please put only a list of channels, separated by single spaces and without other words (such as your nick, that goes elsewhere). (Authors only)
  • Please add a 50x50 ("small") picture.
  • In main.cpp, be sure to add your homepage, complete with http:// in front of it, and double check the completeness of your data.
  • The homepage used in the about dialog is the one from main.cpp, not the one from the profile.
  • Since this is a music player we're doing, I'll add favorite music artists. UPDATE: no need for special formatting, this can be free-form text.
  • Attention: please really double check the validity of your username in main.cpp because at the moment a wrong username makes the dialog hang, waiting for data. Obviously I'll fix this with a timeout, but still please insert valid usernames.
  • !!NEW!! The social about dialog now supports multiple social network links. This requires some changes in your openDesktop.org profile. Your main homepage should be declared as a "Homepage" type of link in your profile, and is used only if you haven't defined a homepage URL offline in KAboutData. For other profile links, make sure to specify the correct type (social network name). Last.fm is currently (16/10/2009) not supported in openDesktop.org and I don't know why, feel free to add your last.fm profile as "other". -- Authors only for now