Amarok @ Randa 2012: Architecture review
- only main.cpp/App.cpp/etc in src/
- group collections, providers, ... together in libraries or plugins
- get rid of core-impl.
- some stuff should be in core
- organize by libraries/plugins
- One CMakeFiles.txt per sub-folder: limited link target, faster linking
- Clean up includes: less files touched for rebuild
Can be expected to always be there. Are created by main.cpp in the order needed or are interfaces with stub implementation until the real one is registered.
- PlaybackController, PlaybackQueue
- MainWindow: parent of the dialogs, keybindings, etc
- Notifier (ACTION: rename Logger) Stub implementation until MainWindow is ready.
Meta::Genre > QString
Meta::Label > QString
Meta::Year > QString
Track::Artist() -> QString (display only)
Album::Artist() -> Meta::Artist (has it's own properties: rating, year, image, ...)
Meta::Playlist inheriting Meta::Base.
PlaylistObserver methods moved into Meta::Observer
QList<KUrl> playableUrls() in the order of priority. Handled in PlaybackController.
File Layout Dialog
- Presets for Amarok, iTunes, Windows MediaPlayer standard layout. Useful for imported collections.
- Basic Layout Mode: Tokens in vertical list, small icons.
- Separate preset config, main dialog just showing selector and edit buttons.
- Remove overlay on more...
- 3 items max, easy muscle memory targets.
- PlaylistBrowser: 2 common actions: load, replace + most sensible (first?) provider action.
- Use as export option:
- Open export playlist dialog
- Option to copy tracks to containing folder.
- Don't show playlist files from collection by default. Alternatives?