Amarok/Community/Wish

From KDE Community Wiki
Revision as of 12:31, 7 June 2013 by OpenIDUser38 (talk | contribs) (→‎Wiki)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

If you are posting a wish here, please post it under the correct header, as well as using four elipses to show your registered username for identification purposes.

Wishlist

Wiki

• Swaft, can you change the settings so that the items on the frontpage get shown one below the other? You know, not split left/right, just listed vertically. I tried to change it myself, but the admin interface isn't working right with my browser. --Markey 12:53, 13 Mar 2005 (EST) Swaft It doesnt seems to work here either. can you send me the direct link to it by email (to change the option)?
Done, as markey asked ;-) --seb
  • Should we enable "Search engine friendly URLs" in the Mambo settings? --Markey 03:04, 21 Feb 2005 (EST) --- Hm good question ;) --Swaft
Why not --Apachelogger 14:03, 27 Feb 2005 (EST)
Done. --Markey 03:26, 28 Feb 2005 (EST)
  • For the banner I suggest we use the amaroK icon (not logo), but with the same dark blue color as the icon. The old light blue color looked kinda gay --Markey 04:07, 17 Feb 2005 (EST)
  • The "Download" link should not lead directly to the sf.net page, because there you can only download the source tarball. Instead, it should link to a (protected) Wiki page, which lists all package download sources and the tarball. I will help with making this page. --Markey 05:38, 18 Feb 2005 (EST)
  • A page for things like buttons, banners, icons... and perhaps a submitfunction for such staff would be nice--Apachelogger 13:07, 19 Feb 2005 (EST)
If you have something you want to submit, make a page (like Community/Advertising or whatever) and use upload file (like what markey did with the logos for 1.2 page). The wiki is your friend. --Eean 15:57, 19 Feb 2005 (EST) ---
ok, I've made a page Community/Advertising please take a look at it --Apachelogger 17:13, 19 Feb 2005 (EST)
  • Now that the screenshot gallery is all messed up anyway, I think we should upgrade to a better gallery software. The current one isn't all that funky. --Markey 04:09, 17 Feb 2005 (EST)
  • I think the color of the amaroK logo on the site could be improved. It doesn't look very fresh, I think. Of course I have no idea which color tone would look better, but perhaps some artistically gifted person could give us advice ;) --Markey 03:38, 23 Feb 2005 (EST)
Mxcl: personally I think the color looks good. Not everything needs to look "fresh" all the time.
  • Can we restore the remaining screenshots from the old gallery? Some important images were lost, like the Mockup section. --Markey 04:07, 27 Feb 2005 (EST) Yes, all the images are still on the webspace. I will upload them asap.--Swaft
Would be good to upload them in original size (not auto-resized), so that the fullscreen view works. --Markey 03:45, 28 Feb 2005 (EST)

They are all uploaded in /images/zoom/ , I just dont know how to bring them to the Gallery section, gonna ask Paleo for it. --Swaft 23:11, 7 Mar 2005 (EST)

Ah, cool. No need to ask Paleo then, I can upload them myself. --Markey 03:33, 8 Mar 2005 (EST)

• A user noted that nowhere on the site we say what amaroK actually is. He's right.. We prolly need something like Learn More or About amaroK. --Markey 13:04, 7 Mar 2005 (EST)

Alright, I will try to write something tonight, and then subit it to you by email to know if everything is okay. --Swaft 23:08, 7 Mar 2005 (EST)

• I made several suggestions concerning the website on the forum here. Some additionnal requests : maybe add the slogan somewhere in the horizontal bands on the top; I liked the way the screenshots were organized, i particularly miss the exciting "in development" section for example, so could you add the categories we add before ? Thanks :)

--seb I renamed the development gallery because this would constantly become outdated. For in development images, check out images in the latest upcoming release (now 1.3 series)

Swaft I am currently setting the setup things you asked.

• I wish, really wish to redesign the amarok.kde.org. The devSquad of amaroK helped me to rediscover my music, I want to help you and the others to rediscover the web-site :) What do you think? As I see, there's no particular person who's task is polishing, fixing and givin' a good look'n'feel to the amarok.kde.org. I wish to be that person (unless there's such one ) --Ivan Lezhnev, Jr. If you want to help me for the new website, plz log on IRC at irc.freenode.net #amaroK or send me an email at swaft'at'pwsp.net so we can talk about tasks and such. I dont know if you looked at the jobs page? Whatever, coding part isnt the problem. I only need some help for the design and for GFX related to the website. I have already hand drawn a sketch and I exactly know how the website design will be, yes of course, you opinions are welcome :P. W/e if you still intesrested, come so we can talk about it, it would be pretty nice to have someone to work with. :) --Swaft 17:49, 9 May 2005 (EDT) I'm on the way :) --Ivan Lezhnev, Jr.

• i thought i try amarok ... because i was unhappy that i could not browse the file structure of the collection in Rythmbox (currently my mp3s are not tagged well enough) ... what gave me a very bad taste, was that apparently amarok is manipulating files when modifying the collection ... especially it really deletes the files when you remove a file from the collection ... ?REALY ?? thats so 1996 !! people you have a database at your hands ... start using it !!
so there are two (3) wishes:
1. have 2 kinds of delete ! remove from collection, and remove from filesystem. ( also add ad files from anywhere to collection would be good .. without moving it into the music folder)
2. have the path for first, second or third level

OpenIDUser38 (talk) 13:31, 7 June 2013 (BST)