Amarok/Archives/ReleaseParties2.0

From KDE Community Wiki
Revision as of 08:51, 15 December 2012 by Mamarok (talk | contribs) (moved page from old wiki)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

We have been waiting a long, long time and now we finally did it: Amarok 2.0 is released!

To celebrate this really major event in Amarok history with our fans all around the world we would like to invite you to join us to party really hard. Could there ever be a better reason to do so?

As our fellowers are -more or less- randomly spread all around the world one release party won't be enough, no, we need a lot of them. This is where YOU can help: check out the list below, if there is a party close to you location join it by adding yourself and contacting the organizer. If there is no party close enough for you to take part: start one! Simply add it to the list and spread the word.

How should a release party look like? Any way you like it! You could simply get some drinks and loud music. You could set up some ancient game consoles. Just do whatever you think might make that event special and is fun for you and your guests. Take fotos, write blog entries and let us know how you (Ama)rok.

Timeframe for parties: start: 2008-12-12, end: 2008-12-21

Africa

Asia

Europe

Germany

Karlsruhe

• Contact person: sven423, sven.krohlas 'ät' gmail.com
  • Location: at my personal home, contact me for details. can be reached by public transport from Karlsruhe, I think we can also organize a car pool. --Sven423 09:09, 8 December 2008 (UTC)
  • Date/Time: Saturday, 2008-12-13, in the evening
  • Notes: There will be a cool Intellivision game console from 1979! And also a lot of free music. :)
  • Participants:
    • sven423 --Sven423 09:09, 8 December 2008 (UTC)
    • add yourself here, don't forget your e-mail, so that the organizer can contact you!

North America

United States

San Francisco

Let's throw a party within the next week (by Thu Dec 18). I suggest The Tempest as a venue.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/tempest-bar-and-restaurant-san-francisco

Casper, WY

House party with Nintendo consoles and tons of music.

• When: 20 December 2008
  • Participants:
    • Zytsef 00:21, 12 December 2008 (UTC)
    • Thelanlegend 17:21, 12 December 2008 (UTC)
    • Babysquirrel 17:39, 12 December 2008 (UTC)
    • Galno 17:40, 12 December 2008 (UTC)

South America