Amarok/Archives/Proposals/FuzzyFilter: Difference between revisions

From KDE Community Wiki
(Created page with "=making the current filters work in a fuzzy way= Requirements #1.should work on both the collection browser filter (both in flat and treeview) and the playlist filter #2.a sl...")

No edit summary
Line 2: Line 2:
Requirements
Requirements

#1.should work on both the collection browser filter (both in flat and treeview) and the playlist filter
#should work on both the collection browser filter (both in flat and treeview) and the playlist filter
#2.a slider could determine the grade of fuzzyness in 3 or 4 steps (eg. exact - slightly fuzzy - very fuzzy )
#a slider could determine the grade of fuzzyness in 3 or 4 steps (eg. exact - slightly fuzzy - very fuzzy )
#3.should work as close as possible on the current google-like filter syntax (so you can first search in an exact way, and then "widen" the search by increasing the fuzzyness)  
#should work as close as possible on the current google-like filter syntax (so you can first search in an exact way, and then "widen" the search by increasing the fuzzyness)  

I tried to implement a mechanism to make the existing filter work in a fuzzy way, following these requirements. For the flat view in collection browser, it now works more or less...
I tried to implement a mechanism to make the existing filter work in a fuzzy way, following these requirements. For the flat view in collection browser, it now works more or less...

But now I decided to give up (not without having learned something, see below)

Revision as of 18:39, 10 January 2013

making the current filters work in a fuzzy way

Requirements

1. should work on both the collection browser filter (both in flat and treeview) and the playlist filter
  2. a slider could determine the grade of fuzzyness in 3 or 4 steps (eg. exact - slightly fuzzy - very fuzzy )
  3. should work as close as possible on the current google-like filter syntax (so you can first search in an exact way, and then "widen" the search by increasing the fuzzyness)