< Amarok‎ | Archives
Revision as of 19:25, 23 December 2012 by Mayankmadan (talk | contribs) (Created page with "meeting about current artwork situation of Amarok 2 == notes == * concerns about the space used by the current plasmoids were raised ** solutions proposed: *** make plasmoid...")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

meeting about current artwork situation of Amarok 2

notes

  • concerns about the space used by the current plasmoids were raised
    • solutions proposed:
      • make plasmoids zoom on mouse over
      • use/create a different plasma theme to get rid of the large borders
    • Dan will look into it
  • 2 ideas by pinheiro
    • full plama ui, no qt widgets
      • not really possible, porting concerns
    • make it full qt widget
      • concerns about ability to theme with svgs
  • Nikolaj will work on a way to tint the current svgs
    • already done - previews look good
  • Dan will work on plasmoids for collection, playlist and other things

log

[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:21:11] <nhnFreespirit> 22 minutes past... :-/
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:21:41] <Nightrose> hmm yea I think we shluld start with our stuff and go on with pinheiros when he gets here
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:21:49] <ethana3> agreed
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:21:51] <Nightrose> nhnFreespirit: anything you want to discuss?
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:22:43] <ethana3> we still looking for an amarok jingle?
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:23:02] <nhnFreespirit> I would like some general feedback on the graywolf theme
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:23:17] <Nightrose> nhnFreespirit: got a link for us?
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:23:20] <nhnFreespirit> ethana3: we just need to decide, but we should stay on topic for this meeting
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:23:36] <nhnFreespirit> Ok, just a quick into first
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:23:56] <nhnFreespirit> The idea is to make a them that does not have too much color so it does ont clash with anything
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:23:57] <ethana3> oh, ok
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:24:03] <nhnFreespirit> and still it should be usable as is
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:24:08] Join apache|mobile has joined this channel ([email protected]).
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:24:23] <nhnFreespirit> And I am almost done with a first attempt at auto tinting stuff
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:24:30] <Nightrose> wohoo
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:24:34] <ethana3> I wish I could code
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:24:44] <apache|mobile> greywolf reminds me on snow
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:24:53] <hydrogen> I'm not particularly happy with it, I feel like we should either aim for complete intergration with the native theme (which likely means not using SVG) or, instead, go for one snazzy look
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:24:59] <nhnFreespirit> http://amarok.kde.org/blog/uploads/Amarok2newgraytheme3.png
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:25:05] <ethana3> but the native theme /is/ svg
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:25:09] <hydrogen> no
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:25:11] <hydrogen> it isn't
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:25:11] <ethana3> oh
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:25:15] <ethana3> oxygen isn't?
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:25:22] <nhnFreespirit> apache|mobile: check screenshot, no more snow
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:25:23] <ethana3> what are they doing, rendering them at various resolutions?
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:25:26] <hydrogen> dood
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:25:29] <hydrogen> i'm talking about
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:25:32] <hydrogen> native on each platform
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:25:35] <ethana3> ah
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:25:38] <apache|mobile> nhnFreespirit: much better
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:25:55] <Nightrose> nhnFreespirit: very nice now and as apache|mobile said much better than before
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:26:12] <Nightrose> it is very dark but I assume that will change with tinting the svgs
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:26:19] <nhnFreespirit> Nightrose: the screenshot posted yesterday was just a very early screenshot and it still needs tons of work
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:26:27] <Nightrose> jep jep
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:26:37] <nhnFreespirit> Nightrose: maybe, and maybe we will adjust it to be lighter
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:26:45] <nhnFreespirit> options to explore...
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:26:52] <apache|mobile> hydrogen: nah, that would make the whole app less hot
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:27:16] <hydrogen> apache|mobile: then we shouldn't do a half assed job
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:27:35] <nhnFreespirit> so that is my main focus. as for hydrogens dislike of svgs, I can sort of nuderstand where you are commign from, but we WILL get this issue anyway with the context background if nothing else
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:27:52] <hydrogen> I think the goal of graywolf is to be mild enough that we can beat it into submission everywhere
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:27:54] <Nightrose> next thing that strikes me: the red of the last.fm plasmoid is very dominant
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:28:04] <Nightrose> dunno if we need to do something about that
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:28:04] <nhnFreespirit> so we might as well figure out how to solve it
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:28:06] <hydrogen> thats outa date nightrose
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:28:19] <ethana3> I think going for the same thing everywhere
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:28:19] <Nightrose> ah right there was a new one...
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:28:22] <nhnFreespirit> Nightrose: yeah, that is out of date, but when I remove it, amarok crashes atm... o.O
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:28:25] <ethana3> is asking a little for mediocrity
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:28:27] <Nightrose> hehe ok
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:28:31] <ethana3> firefox tried that...
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:29:39] <hydrogen> unless we went for a background intended to blend in nhn
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:29:42] <nhnFreespirit> but still, firefox was not actively in anyones face, and it gave them a base to start from
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:29:46] <ethana3> yeah
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:29:47] <hydrogen> not sure how doable that would be
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:30:38] <nhnFreespirit> no, but that is still the same issue as we are facing now, just on a slightly larger scale
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:31:08] <markey> ~re
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:31:09] <insanity> reeeeeee! markey is back.
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:31:13] <hydrogen> I really think the ideal would be to do what I was talkin about yesterday
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:31:15] <Nightrose> nhnFreespirit: do you have any ideas what can be done about the slow rendering? or do we just wait for qt 4.4?
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:31:20] <Nightrose> and see what happens
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:31:23] <Nightrose> ?
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:31:25] <hydrogen> but that leaves us high and dry on not kde4
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:31:37] <hydrogen> I don't think it'll improve much Nightrose
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:31:38] <Nightrose> hydrogen: what was that`
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:31:41] <hydrogen> svg's are just heavyweight
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:31:41] <ethana3> cairo?
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:31:42] Quit eean has left this server (Connection timed out).
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:31:48] <ethana3> glitz?
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:31:55] <hydrogen> Nightrose: breaking up the app into separate plasmoids
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:32:02] <hydrogen> or providing separate plasmoids
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:32:03] <markey> huh?
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:32:03] <nhnFreespirit> Nightrose: it is a lot better now!
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:32:05] <hydrogen> in addition to the app
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:32:09] <hydrogen> a playlist plasmoid
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:32:12] <hydrogen> a collection plasmoid
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:32:15] <nhnFreespirit> and we can still simplyfy some of the svg's a lot
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:32:15] <Nightrose> nhnFreespirit: ah good to hear
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:32:18] <markey> what's that good for hydrogen?
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:32:32] <hydrogen> markey: one of the main goals of plasma is to eliminate all the various windows
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:32:40] <hydrogen> it'd be really cool if one could just throw a playlist on their desktop
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:32:47] <markey> oh god no
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:32:49] <hydrogen> and have amarok run in the background
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:32:50] <markey> I hate lego software
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:33:03] <Nightrose> hydrogen: hmm you´d not need to open amarok that often but it would not solve the problem of amarok being slow when open
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:33:04] <hydrogen> we'd still have the window for all non-plasma desktops
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:33:08] <hydrogen> but I'm going to poke that
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:33:10] <markey> that'd just be a complete nightmare
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:33:14] <Nightrose> hydrogen: still - go for it
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:33:19] <hydrogen> I think it'll be really cool
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:33:21] <hydrogen> and really easy to do
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:33:28] <apachelogger_> +1
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:33:31] <hydrogen> but it doesn't solve the problem
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:33:33] <markey> bollocks idea
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:33:35] <ethana3> so can you make a window that's just a collection of plasmoids?
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:33:37] <hydrogen> of people who want to use windows or gnome
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:33:40] <ethana3> they need snap-to
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:33:43] <ethana3> then it'd be awesome
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:33:44] <hydrogen> the fools
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:33:49] Join pinheirolap has joined this channel ([email protected]).
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:33:55] <ethana3> honestly, I use gnome
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:33:55] <pinheirolap> Hey
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:33:57] <ethana3> but I'll switch
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:33:59] <ethana3> ^_^
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:34:00] <pinheirolap> Sorry
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:34:00] <ethana3> 4.1
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:34:01] <Nightrose> heya pinheirolap :)
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:34:08] <markey> yo pinheirolap
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:34:11] <pinheirolap> Ihad a realy hard time finding internet
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:34:21] <hydrogen> no problem :)
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:34:28] <hydrogen> markey just finished fapping himself
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:34:29] <apache|mobile> ahoy pinheirolap
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:34:32] <nhnFreespirit> welcome!
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:34:32] <hydrogen> so perfect timing
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:34:38] <pinheirolap> Had to make more than 16 km with the laptop serach mode
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:34:42] <pinheirolap> Search
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:34:47] <Nightrose> oO
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:34:54] <Nightrose> good to have you here then ;-)
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:35:11] <Nightrose> pinheirolap: you said you had a few ideas
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:35:15] <pinheirolap> Any way i dont have loads of time just as much the batery last
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:35:19] <Nightrose> want to talk about them now?
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:35:27] <Nightrose> ok
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:35:29] <pinheirolap> So 2 ideas...
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:35:29] <Nightrose> then go for it
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:35:47] <pinheirolap> Frist idea that i gess only work in full kde mode.....
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:35:58] <hydrogen> hmm
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:36:00] <hydrogen> this sounds familiar :P
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:36:02] <hydrogen> lets see
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:36:05] <pinheirolap> Ut would be great as themening goes and so....
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:36:23] <pinheirolap> Full plama ui no qt widgets
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:36:52] <pinheirolap> That way we would make wow grafics sky is the limit
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:36:59] <pinheirolap> Second idea ....
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:37:14] <pinheirolap> The problematic one
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:37:54] <hydrogen> and probably one we will have to be more interested in
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:38:00] <markey> I dislike the first idea
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:38:01] <hydrogen> as we /have/ to work on os x, windows, and gnome
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:38:06] <markey> very much
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:38:10] <pinheirolap> I knopw
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:38:18] <apache|mobile> markey: we probably understood this by now
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:38:46] <pinheirolap> The problem with plasmoids is that they dont work very wel inside a qt window
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:38:55] <pinheirolap> Visualy spaeking
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:39:01] <nhnFreespirit> yeah, I am not much for that idea eith erfor a couple of reasons. Some of out interface elements would be hell to have to do in plasma
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:39:12] * apache|mobile notes that hydrogen stated earlier to create plasma widgets to access the collection and playlist from your desktop
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:39:39] <pinheirolap> So 1 we make some plasma decorations that fit the style......
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:39:41] <apache|mobile> pinheirolap: I think that goes pretty much like your idea?
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:39:56] <pinheirolap> Also problematic in windows and osx
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:40:11] <pinheirolap> We make it full qt widget
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:41:12] <nhnFreespirit> pinheirolap: even that has roblems as we woul dlik ethe theme some of our widgets with svgs
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:41:17] <nhnFreespirit> problems*
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:41:22] <pinheirolap> I can make it prety good loking plasmoids for merging style wise in oxygen..... but in osx and windows we have problems
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:41:29] <ethana3> so we're not for reimplementing plasma on other OS'es ;)
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:41:46] <markey> so it's a no go
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:42:07] <nhnFreespirit> also, I really would rather, at least for Amarok 2.0 work within the general ui layout we have now. Otherwise we will never get anything out the door
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:42:19] <markey> nhnFreespirit: of course
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:42:29] <markey> no crazy ideas now
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:42:33] * hydrogen wonders why we are here then
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:42:43] <markey> I've been wondering that as well
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:42:51] <hydrogen> is it just a "hey pinheiro can you make us cool looking svgs because our artists are lazy?"
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:42:54] <hydrogen> if so, we should just say that
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:42:55] <markey> yes
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:43:00] <markey> that was the point I guess
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:43:00] <pinheirolap> Honestly the current one looks prety bad sorry...
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:43:01] <ethana3> ^_^
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:43:05] <markey> :)
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:43:08] <apache|mobile> nhnFreespirit: yeah, I totally favor that attitude :)
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:43:18] <hydrogen> I think it looks quite mishmashy right now
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:43:28] <nhnFreespirit> well, I like crazy ideas, and we need some big goals for post 2.0 as well
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:43:34] <ethana3> yeah
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:43:35] <apache|mobile> +1
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:43:38] <hydrogen> I don't think we should make the kde 4.0 mistake
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:43:42] <hydrogen> really
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:43:42] <nhnFreespirit> but we also need to be realistic
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:43:43] <ethana3> hmmm
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:44:03] <ethana3> but I'd hate to see attempts to be cross-platform holding back the potential of amarok2/kde4
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:44:10] <markey> ~kickban ethana3 sorry
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:44:18] <markey> damn no ops
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:44:32] <pinheirolap> Another idea i had for a coll visualisation view much bedter than the mac fliping albuns was...
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:44:33] <nhnFreespirit> ethana3: please listen a little more and talk a little less for now
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:44:36] <ethana3> k
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:45:18] <pinheirolap> A clowd view conected with the lastfm in 2d- 3d movement
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:45:39] <pinheirolap> Would be a much beter way to discover you music
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:45:46] <pinheirolap> Your
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:45:55] <markey> cloud views are cool, yeah
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:45:59] <Nightrose> pinheirolap: dunno if you have seen that already but this is a more or less recent screenie: http://amarok.kde.org/blog/uploads/Amarok2newgraytheme3.png
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:46:00] <hydrogen> i'm still kind of concerned with our embedded plasma in terms of availible space
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:46:18] <apache|mobile> hm
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:46:23] <markey> hydrogen: also why do they have this useless border?
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:46:28] <pinheirolap> I never intended that deco to be used inside windows
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:46:30] <apache|mobile> hydrogen: maybe make the plasmoids very small?
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:46:33] <pinheirolap> :)
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:46:41] <leinir> pinheirolap: the coverflow thing i have some stuff for you might want to look at at some point, lemme just grab it
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:46:43] <nhnFreespirit> well, we can use a lighter theme for the plasmoids
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:46:44] <apache|mobile> take them to main focus on hover
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:46:47] <apache|mobile> or maybe click
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:46:57] <hydrogen> yea
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:46:59] <hydrogen> the zooming stuff
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:47:02] <hydrogen> would be cool to use
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:47:05] <apache|mobile> if nothing focused for > 1 minute take now playing to focus until mouse movement
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:47:11] <hydrogen> plasma has most of it there already
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:47:22] <hydrogen> something like the expose windows effect for plasmoids
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:47:24] <nhnFreespirit> .... that migh twork
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:47:28] <hydrogen> though thats kinda messy
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:47:31] <hydrogen> I think
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:47:42] <hydrogen> it'd be nice to not have to run a mouse mile to see other information
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:47:45] <pinheirolap> The play butons need major rework .... maybe some exclusive butons....
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:47:51] <nhnFreespirit> pinheirolap: the idea of the current screenshot is to try and tint all the svgs with the dominant color of the users color theme
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:48:10] <apache|mobile> pinheirolap: mhh, exclusive buttons sounds good :)
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:48:26] <pinheirolap> NhnFreespirit: we could get those from the color palete and built them in the svg code itself
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:48:37] <pinheirolap> But not in those svg's they are png's
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:49:00] <pinheirolap> So we wopuld need new svg's
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:49:17] <leinir> http://leinir.dk/temp/gallery/mockups.php?gallery=mockups&image=mockups/cd-stack-in-glorious-pen-o-vision.jpg
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:49:23] <leinir> Sorry, pinheirolap, took a bit to find
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:49:42] <nhnFreespirit> pinheirolap: changing the colors of the svg on the fly is what I am working on right now
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:49:55] <nhnFreespirit> pinheirolap: I think that might work really well
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:50:49] Join mister__X has joined this channel ([email protected]/web/ajax/mibbit.com/x-6c1dd633de18609f).
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:51:06] <mister__X> hi all
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:52:48] <Nightrose> one thing I have to say: I really like the now playing plasmoid - it is beautiful
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:53:03] <apache|mobile> hey mister__X
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:53:29] <apache|mobile> hydrogen: maybe we should different borders for the plasmoids
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:53:36] <apache|mobile> the default plasma ones eat quite some space
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:53:39] Notify naderman went offline (kornbluth.freenode.net).
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:53:48] <mister__X> hm
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:53:56] <hydrogen> yea,
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:53:57] <Nightrose> hmm yea might be a good idea
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:53:57] <nhnFreespirit> apache|mobile, hydrogen: There was a nice, slim, plasma them posted on kde-look today
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:54:08] <mister__X> which would destroy theming... there is already one out on kde-look.org
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:54:17] <apache|mobile> nhnFreespirit: yeah using it right now
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:54:25] <mister__X> the glow one?
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:54:28] <apache|mobile> mhm
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:54:49] <mister__X> don't have a say, but I personally don't like inconsistent desktop...
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:55:04] <hydrogen> well
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:55:04] <hydrogen> really
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:55:08] <hydrogen> we are already using two themes
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:55:11] <hydrogen> one for svg stuff
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:55:14] <hydrogen> and one for widget stuff
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:55:36] <hydrogen> which makes it pretty messy to begin with
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:56:01] <Nightrose> ok so action point number one: we should have a look at a different plasma theme
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:56:14] <nhnFreespirit> mister__X: so you would reccomend using same them for desktop and context view?
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:56:19] Quit pinheirolap has left this server (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)).
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:56:30] <apache|mobile> uhhh, bad idea
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:56:38] <Nightrose> jep +1
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:56:44] <apache|mobile> plasma is probably getting easy theme stuffing soon
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:57:01] <apache|mobile> and not every theme which fits a plasmoid on the desktop necessarily goes well in amarok
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:57:11] <apache|mobile> just think about the much smaller space
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:57:21] <hydrogen> well
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:57:23] <hydrogen> in theory
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:57:42] <hydrogen> the theme should work on any type of device I think..
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:57:57] <hydrogen> because its the same theme in the panel and on the desktop
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:58:45] <mister__X> well yes nnhFreespirit
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:59:35] <nhnFreespirit> makes sense
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:59:50] <mister__X> you see, one thing I do extremely well is look that everything looks consistent...
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:00:00] <mister__X> dedicating a lot of time to it
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:00:12] <Nightrose> so do we
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:00:28] <mister__X> I mean not only in one program, but the overal experience
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:00:32] <apache|mobile> mister__X: wouldn't be any consistent on windows or mac
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:00:49] Join pinheirolap has joined this channel ([email protected]).
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:00:58] <pinheirolap> Sorry
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:01:00] <mister__X> hm, yeah, also true
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:01:00] <Nightrose> wb pinheirolap
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:01:17] <hydrogen> i dunno
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:02:56] <hydrogen> so
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:02:59] <Nightrose> pinheirolap: you stoped at [Mon Jan 28 2008] [17:46:28] <pinheirolap> I never intended that deco to be used inside windows
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:03:04] <hydrogen> I think the only viable option
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:03:07] <Nightrose> anything else you want to mention?
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:03:27] <hydrogen> would be to make the theme in the CV blend in with the style
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:03:30] <hydrogen> which is painful
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:03:40] <hydrogen> the svg's blend with the style*
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:04:06] <hydrogen> and that may require loading a separate set of svg's for each OS/style, requiring windows artists and mac artists to make some
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:04:14] <nhnFreespirit> hydrogen: I _think_ I have that covered... this seems to be working
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:04:28] <hydrogen> will it work enough?
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:05:00] <nhnFreespirit> I dont know, and neither do you, so that is why we need to try it out! :-)
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:05:13] <hydrogen> :)
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:05:19] <hydrogen> and pinheirolap, I am going to work on something like option1
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:05:30] <hydrogen> as an addition
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:05:34] <hydrogen> not to replace the window
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:05:48] <hydrogen> but to be used for people who would rather
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:07:25] <Nightrose> ok so how do we go on from here?
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:07:41] <Nightrose> hydrogen is going to look into the widgets and tries to make the svgs render faster?
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:07:49] <Nightrose> nhnFreespirit is working on the tinting
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:08:00] <hydrogen> mm
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:08:04] <hydrogen> svg's arn't going to render faster
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:08:25] <ethana3> does glitz have anything to do with this?
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:08:32] <ethana3> using OpenGL to render the .svgs?
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:08:39] <hydrogen> nope.
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:08:41] <hydrogen> go back to your corner.
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:08:42] <ethana3> oh
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:08:45] <ethana3> ok
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:09:14] <apache|mobile> meh
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:09:36] <hydrogen> okay
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:09:39] <hydrogen> I've gotsa class
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:09:41] <Nightrose> pinheirolap: I will ask lfranchi to keep that wikipage up to date and get back to you so you can have a look at the plasmoids
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:09:50] <hydrogen> sorry this wasn't particularly productive pinheirolap
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:09:51] <Nightrose> anything else that needs to be done?
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:09:53] <hydrogen> thanks for coming anyways
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:10:05] <hydrogen> I thought it was going to be a bit more open
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:10:06] <nhnFreespirit> hydrogen: I still think that is not so much of an issue. Some of the svgs up untill now have been 10 times more complex than they need to be.
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:10:08] <hydrogen> but :)
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:10:10] <apache|mobile> ethana3: actually opengl is a bad thing for this kind of stuff anyway .... since the contextview is vital to amarok, and therefore it needs to run well on all systems... even linux with broken 3d acceleration and stuff
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:10:18] <ethana3> ah
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:10:24] <Nightrose> hydrogen: have fun
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:10:33] <ethana3> that's more informative than "go back to your corner"
[Mon Jan 28 2008] [18:10:35] <ethana3> ;)

This page was last edited on 23 December 2012, at 19:25. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.