Amarok/Archives/Media Device VFAT/Iriver T10 2GB UMS

From KDE Community Wiki
Revision as of 19:42, 20 December 2012 by Vldandrew (talk | contribs) (Created page with "This is what I did to connect my Iriver player with Amarok: I used the Samsung YP-F1 guide above with Gentoo. A Gentoo installation with udev enabled tries to create identifia...")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.

This is what I did to connect my Iriver player with Amarok: I used the Samsung YP-F1 guide above with Gentoo. A Gentoo installation with udev enabled tries to create identifiable and unique symbolic links to usb devices that you hotplug. Whenever i plugin my mp3 player a link is created in /dev/disk/by-id, so there was no need to create a custom udev rule.

Then i added the player to /etc/fstab:

/dev/disk/by-id/usb-iriver_MP3_T10 /mnt/iriver  auto noatime,noauto,user,gid=media,fmask=006,dmask=007     0 2

After these modifications gnome-volume-manager could auto mount the player just fine. It will probably work with ivman too.

Note that with this player (at least on my system) the bulk of the file transfers takes place after the player has been unmounted. So watch the player display before you unplug the cable.

As a post-disconnect command in Amarok I use a script that automatically generates sorted playlists in the Playlists directory of the player. It generates a playlist per subdirectory of the music folder.

This is how the script can be executed:

python /the/path/to/the/script/genplaylists.py %m; umount %m 

--FunkyFritz 16:40, 15 October 2006 (UTC)