Amarok/Archives/EveryonesFavoriteFeature: Difference between revisions

From KDE Community Wiki
No edit summary
m (Text replace - "\[\[Category:.*\]\]" to "")

Line 1: Line 1:
[[Category:Amarok]] [[Category:Archives]]
I thought it would be really cool to start a list of everyone's favorite amaroK feature.  Please list your favorite feature and sign it with '<nowiki>--~~~~</nowiki>'.
I thought it would be really cool to start a list of everyone's favorite amaroK feature.  Please list your favorite feature and sign it with '<nowiki>--~~~~</nowiki>'.

Line 38: Line 38:
* Filtering the playlist, so I can listen a group for a while and then continue the random play. Also good to queue tracks. I really need this. I'll keep using v1.4 until this is implemented in 2.0 series.
* Filtering the playlist, so I can listen a group for a while and then continue the random play. Also good to queue tracks. I really need this. I'll keep using v1.4 until this is implemented in 2.0 series.
* Definately need Transkode, players need those mp3s.
* Definately need Transkode, players need those mp3s.
[[Category:Outdated]]

Latest revision as of 11:00, 14 December 2012

I thought it would be really cool to start a list of everyone's favorite amaroK feature. Please list your favorite feature and sign it with '--~~~~'.

Maybe this would make a good poll on the website?

• The anal-intrusion option! Febs
  • The i-candi! The CSS-Themes have been the icing on the cake :) - brk3
  • The 100 Random Tracks Playlist - GregMeyer 16:01, 4 Mar 2005 (EST)
  • Queue track - so I can make a small playlist then continue with random play --Laszlok 15:12, 14 Mar 2005 (EST)
    • 100% agree. I can't live without this feature. I hope it's implemented soon in 2.1, until then, I'll keep v1.4 --Tolano 12:08, 16 December 2008 (UTC)
  • Fetching lyrics from the internet --Blaster999
    • Definitly my favorite feature as well, retreiving and submitting --duende 17:56, 26 May 2005 (EDT)
  • MusicBrainz integration, by far. Tagging my music as I notice problems makes my life so much easier. - McCart42 01:18, 17 Mar 2005 (EST)
  • Global shortcuts, and the assigning to extra mouse buttons thereof. --Illissius 14:16:30, 20 Mar 2005 (CET)
  • Everything! It's all great! :-) -- Cup 21:10, 24 Mar 2005 (EST)
    • I'd have to agree with that. I can't really pin it down on one feature. -- Dhraakellian 18:19, 26 Mar 2005 (EST)
    • Gotta agree... amarok is just superior to every other music player I've tried. Even beats iTunes at it's own game. 8) -- TSK
    • That's true... amarok is an amazing piece of software... but if I have to select a feature, the lyrics download rocks!
    • So far best Linux audio player I have used. Frankly, first one that doesn't feel like absolute crud coming from Winamp. GJ to tha amarok team, keep it up. JensenDied 05:16, 20 February 2007 (UTC)
  • The ability to control nearly every function via DCOP - Greetings from the ASUS Side-keys and acpid :) --Alanceil 18:21, 26 Mar 2005 (UTC +1)
  • Append Suggestions is my favorite feature. I start with a good song as a seed and let it do its magic with my collection! --Xijio 18:33, 29 Mar 2005 (EST)
    • Second that. Very cool feature. --murkus
  • Song OSD popup with Album Artwork on mouse over systray and on song change! I love seeing album. --BurNer
  • The party mode (coming to a 1.3 near you). --Eean 00:49, 5 Apr 2005 (EDT)
    • One of the reasons you why should get the CVS. Party Mode is awesome! (An improvement for amaroK 1.3: when removing x tracks, add x random tracks.) --Mogger
    • I agree - this feature does really rock! *thumbsup* --Alanceil 14:42, 10 Apr 2005 (EDT)
  • Sharing database using mysql ----Michael-Hass 21:32, 15 Apr 2005 (EDT)
  • Dynamic Mode as implemented in 1.4 - EASILY the reason I can't stop using amaroK :D --Danglewtf 05:14, 21 December 2005 (EST)
  • Is it possible to add a wheel/dial to accelerate or decelerate the speed of the playback? This would be a useful feature for dance classes! I don't know however, how well this integrates with your current software design. --Wedesoft 16:23, 25 Feb 2006 (BST)
  • Wikipedia in the sidebar. I'm addicted to reading about where the artist I'm listening to went to school, etc. Mikeyd 16:20, 6 March 2006 (EST)
  • Rating system, with global shortcuts it really helps in lazy ordering of a collection. -- Andu 08:27, 31 July 2006 (UTC)
  • Certainly the Moodbar -- vmlemon 19:02, 04 September 2006 (GMT)
  • The play feature. ;-) --LeonWeber 14:20, 18 October 2006 (UTC)
  • The media device transfer/transkode, allowing us to have a lossless music archive and be able to enjoy the music in our mp3players too --FunkyFritz 17:04, 18 October 2006 (UTC)
  • The LOOK & FEEL, the Cover(+Browser), the Sidebar, the Backends, the MediaSupport, the OSD, the Community behind, the CollectionBrowser, LyricBrowser, just everything!!! arghh AmaroK is the F***ing best!! --nanu
  • The collection feature--but it needs an "exclude from dynamic playlists" option! :( SheeEttin 17:27, 19 February 2007 (UTC)
  • Filtering the playlist, so I can listen a group for a while and then continue the random play. Also good to queue tracks. I really need this. I'll keep using v1.4 until this is implemented in 2.0 series.
  • Definately need Transkode, players need those mp3s.