Alkimia/Development Environment: Difference between revisions

From KDE Community Wiki
No edit summary
m (fix invent project link)

(10 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)
Line 3: Line 3:
First of all you will need to install the LibAlkmia which first needs some requirements to be fulfilled as follows
First of all you will need to install the LibAlkmia which first needs some requirements to be fulfilled as follows
===Requirements===
===Requirements===
#Qt Creator or KDevelop4 (personally, I find Qt Creator easier to grasp, even if less powerful in the end)
#Qt Creator or KDevelop (personally, I find Qt Creator easier to grasp, even if less powerful in the end)
#KdeSVN
#git
#Qt libs and docs
#Qt libs and docs
#KDE libs and docs
#KDE libs and docs
#automoc
#MPIR or GMP (this is for mathematical calculations needed for the currency class)
#GMP (this is for mathematical calculations needed for the currency class)
#Boost libs
#Boost libs
#cmake
#cmake

;After finishing the installations as mentioned above you need to follow the steps as follows ( I have mentioned the codes according to the Ubuntu)
;After finishing the installations as mentioned above you need to follow the steps as follows
#Open the terminal and change the directory where you want the files to be downloaded.
#Open the terminal and change the directory where you want the files to be downloaded.
#Use the svn link to download the files
#Use the git link to download the files
#: {{color|blue| svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/extragear/office/alkimia}}
#:<syntaxhighlight lang="bash">git clone git@invent.kde.org:office/alkimia.git</syntaxhighlight>
#Now you will have the directory Alkimia downloaded with a lot of files.</br>Change the current directory to libalkimia(present inside the Alkimia directory)
#:for other access modes see the [https://invent.kde.org/office/alkimia Alkimia] project on invent.kde.org
#;cd alkimia/libalkimia
#Now you will have the directory alkimia downloaded with a lot of files.</br>Change the current directory to the alkimia directory)
#: {{color|blue| cd alkimia/libalkimia }}
#:<syntaxhighlight lang="bash">cd alkimia</syntaxhighlight>
#Make another directory
#:<syntaxhighlight lang="bash">mkdir build</syntaxhighlight>
#:I have named my directory as build
#Change your current directory to 'build'
#:<syntaxhighlight lang="bash">cd build</syntaxhighlight>
#Now build that directory using the files you have in the folder 'libalkimia' using the following commands
#:<syntaxhighlight lang="bash">cmake ..</syntaxhighlight>
#:If every requirement listed above were installed perfectly then there must not be any error here
#:<syntaxhighlight lang="bash">make</syntaxhighlight>
#:<syntaxhighlight lang="bash">make install</syntaxhighlight>
#:The above two statements could also have been combined into one and be simply written
#:<syntaxhighlight lang="bash">make install</syntaxhighlight>
;If you didnt get any error till now, then you have installed the libalkimia successfully

Latest revision as of 10:45, 5 September 2020

DEVELOPMENT ENVIRONMENT

Install LibAlkimia

Requirements

1. Qt Creator or KDevelop (personally, I find Qt Creator easier to grasp, even if less powerful in the end)
  2. git
  3. Qt libs and docs
  4. KDE libs and docs
  5. MPIR or GMP (this is for mathematical calculations needed for the currency class)
  6. Boost libs
  7. cmake
After finishing the installations as mentioned above you need to follow the steps as follows ( I have mentioned the codes according to the Ubuntu)
  1. Open the terminal and change the directory where you want the files to be downloaded.
  2. Use the git link to download the files
    git clone [email protected]:office/alkimia.git

for other access modes see the Alkimia project on invent.kde.org
  3. Now you will have the directory alkimia downloaded with a lot of files.
    Change the current directory to the alkimia directory)
    cd alkimia

4. Make another directory
    mkdir build

I have named my directory as build
  5. Change your current directory to 'build'
    cd build

6. Now build that directory using the files you have in the folder 'libalkimia' using the following commands
    cmake ..

If every requirement listed above were installed perfectly then there must not be any error here
    make

make install

The above two statements could also have been combined into one and be simply written
    make install

If you didnt get any error till now, then you have installed the libalkimia successfully