Akademy/2015/Monday/KDE l10n and i18n: Difference between revisions

From KDE Community Wiki
< Akademy‎ | 2015‎ | Monday
No edit summary
(This message might be what is meant)

(4 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
Topics:
Topics:
* Current Process and possibility of translating using a web application (e.g. Pootle)
* Current Process and possibility of translating using a web application (e.g. Pootle)
Ovidiu gives presentation, attach here :D
Franklin talks about how adopting a web interface didn't really give them much more translators.
Open questions:
* Does it handle file moves/renames and does it remember suggestions to it?
* [http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.internationalization-and-documentation/28465/focus=28474 What Burkhard sent to the mailing list]
* How does it handle the different branches: both l10n-kde4+l10n-kf5, and how/if it works with Summit branch.
Agreement:
* Ovidiu will do some testing to see if pootle or any other web based system can satisfy all the requirements we have.
Note from Luigi:
* the other web tool I mentioned (which I didn't use, so no endorsing, just stating it exists) is Zanata.

Latest revision as of 11:12, 30 July 2015

Topics:

• Current Process and possibility of translating using a web application (e.g. Pootle)

Ovidiu gives presentation, attach here :D

Franklin talks about how adopting a web interface didn't really give them much more translators.

Open questions:

• Does it handle file moves/renames and does it remember suggestions to it?
  • What Burkhard sent to the mailing list
  • How does it handle the different branches: both l10n-kde4+l10n-kf5, and how/if it works with Summit branch.

Agreement:

• Ovidiu will do some testing to see if pootle or any other web based system can satisfy all the requirements we have.

Note from Luigi:

• the other web tool I mentioned (which I didn't use, so no endorsing, just stating it exists) is Zanata.