Difference between revisions of "Akademy/2014/Going-out"
|Line 3:||Line 3:|
** Smoking is generally allowed in
** Smoking is generally allowed in ; some places have separate rooms for smokers and smorkers.
Revision as of 04:21, 20 August 2014
- Smoking is generally allowed in restaurants; some places have separate rooms for smokers and non-smorkers.
- Credit cards
- Often accepted in the restaurants, less accepted in "traditional" pubs, but it's always better to check on the website of the specific place.
- Cash machines
- No shortage of ATMs in the city center. Some of them are available also close to the venue.
- Vegetarian/vegan meals
- Vegetarian meals are not always easy to find. Vegan ones are more complicated, but few options are available (see below)
- When lunch and dinner are served
- Lunch: restaurants usually offer a "lunch menu" with 2-4 choices during working days in 11.00-14.00 timeframe (even if the more choices are usually available after 12.30). The lunch menus are usually visible on http://lunchtime.cz (use this link for restaurants close to the venue) or on the restaurant's website. Restaurants usually do not close after lunch time.
- Dinner: closing time of the kitchen depends on the place, but usually not before _at least_ 21.30 during working days and a bit later in the weekend. Many places are closed on Sunday.
- No fixed percentage tips, usually the price is rounded a bit. Usually when you pay, you state the amount you want to give out (price+tip).
Typical drinks served in bars: apart from beers, soft drinks, here are some local specialities:
Some reference prices:
Close to the venues
- Rebio Park, open Mon-Fri 11-14. Vegetarian, not vegan.
Vegetarian and vegan friendly
Bars and Pubs
This page was last edited on 20 August 2014, at 04:21. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.