Usability workshop notes
Bjorn started with introduction on Usability testing. The goal is to get input from a user about the application. It works by putting them in front of it, giving a task and le ng them execute it, guided by the developer asking questions.
The question protocol is a bit like this:
- What is your first impression?
- What do you think you can do here?
- What would you do to reach your goal?
- What do you expect to happen when you do it?
- Please do it...
- Did it do what you expected?
- (if not: was it better or worse?)
- go back to the beginning
We tested KScreen. I turned out to be very confusing.