Akademy/2012/Volunteers

From KDE Community Wiki
< Akademy‎ | 2012
Revision as of 11:07, 28 June 2012 by Spacetime (talk | contribs) (Added Rishab Arora)
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.

To sign up, please follow closely the following steps:

• Before filling your name in, please read the Call for Volunteers.
  • Check out the tasks listed below
  • Edit the table below and fill in your name and data. In the table please provide your name, the languages you speak, whether you are a local and/or know Tallinn, and the time/days when you are available.
  • Add your local mobile telephone number to your Akademy user profile.
  • Join the IRC channel #akademy on freenode

Available tasks

Before the event

• print and fold name badges and put them into pouches
  • set up venue:
    • hang banners and poster and signage
    • distribute cables in rooms
    • set up video stuff
  • Wifi etc
    • liaise with College IT to check if requirements are met
    • check if we need to arrange for extra switches and LAN cables
  • Party coordination (Saturday)
    • liaise with venue before and during the event

During the event

• Pre-registration (Friday afternoon/early evening)
    • check in attendees and hand out badges
    • print out new badges if necessary
  • Registration/Info desk (Saturday to Thursday)
    • check in attendees and hand out badges
    • print out new badges if necessary
    • sell KDE merchandise
    • general point of information
  • Session chairs
    • check that speaker has water
    • introduce speaker
    • make sure that talks starts and ends on time
    • moderate questions
  • Runner
    • able to drive a car
    • run errands, shop for stuff that might be missing
    • find people when needed
  • Party coordination
    • check party venue before attendees arrive
    • set up posters etc.
    • check badges of attendees at entrance
    • help to tidy up afterwards
  • Video operator
    • help record the talks
  • Group photo
    • take picture of all attendees

After the event(Friday afternoon)

• tidy venue
  • send left-over banners etc. back to sponsors

}
Name/IRC nick/email Languages local y/n? days/times available comments
Claudia Rauch, claudiar, rauch at kde dot org German, English n 29 June to 6 July set up venue, registration/info desk
Carl Symons, kallecarl, carlsymons at gmail dot com English n 29 June to 6 July
Heiki Ojasild, Repentinus, repentinus at fsfe dot org English, Estonian y June 29 to July 6 Pre-registration, registration, and also a runner if someone has a spare car. Repentinus does not know Tallinn especially well, but can manage.
Lee Marion Lepik, Lesperiae, draamakas at gmail dot com English, Estonian y June 28 to July 4 Registration/Info desk, can also help out at pre-registration or Session Chairs if needed. Knows Tallinn well enough to navigate easily.
Laszlo Papp, djszapi, lpapp at kde dot org English, Hungarian n 29 June to 6 July Session Chairs or/and Video Recording
Kristjan Kütaru, kusti85 at gmail.com Estonian, English, little Finnish and Russian Yes, local 29 June to 4 July Pre-registration ,Registration/Info desk,Party coordination, I think I might also be able to help on July 6th, after the event if needed.
Martin Klapetek / mck182 / [email protected] English, Czech, Slovak n 1 July to 2 July, possibly 5th as well Session Chairs, possibly info desk if needed
Kenny Duffus, seaLne English no 27th June - 6th July
Priit Pihus / pihus / priit[at]pihus.ee Estonian, English yes 28th June - 6th July (if needed I could start earlier/stay longer) Wifi etc, drive a car if someone provides it, Party coordination, video op, etc. Basically anything.
Kenny Coyle / automatical / kenny[at]heloo.net English no 27th June - 5th July Venue prep, Registration/ Info desk and anything else that I can help with.
Stanislav Karchebny / berkus / berkus[at]exquance.com Russian, English yes 27th June - 6th July (if needed I could start earlier/stay longer) Anything I could help with, drive a car, Party coordination, etc. Basically anything.
Martin Gräßlin / mgraesslin / mgraesslin at kde dot org German, English no 1st July - 6th July Session chair on the day I'm not giving a talk
Sune Vuorela / svuorela / sune vuorela dk Danish, english no 29th-6th friday registration, very skilled at putting badges in pouches
Pradeepto Bhattacharya / pradeepto / pradeepto at kde dot org English no 28th-5th Pre-registration, registration. Will commit to more once I have a confirmed visa.
Rohan Garg / shadeslayer / rohangarg at kubuntu dot org English no 30th-2nd Video recorder and runner.
Supreet Pal Singh / supreet / supreetpal at gmail dot com English no 28th-5th (Should not conflict with any talk and should not be on Wednesday after lunch) Already registered as a session chair but anything really. PS: Visa not confirmed yet.
Kristjan Hiis / Koffer / kristjan at weebu eu Estonian, English yes 30th-1st (perhaps even 29th - but later in the evening) I would like to take pictures of the event and people in there, also if anyone would give me a brief know-how on the filming - I could do that too.
Samikshan Bairagya / samxan / samikshan at gmail dot com English no 30th-6th (I would love to attend most talks and workshops though.) This will be the first time I am volunteering for any such event (Also my first time at Akademy) I would love to help in any way really -- no preferences as such. PS: Visa not confirmed yet.
Smit Mehta / smitmehta / smit dot meh at gmail dot com English no 30th-6th I would like to be a session chair. Will commit to more once visa is confirmed.
Valorie Zimmerman / valorie / valorie at kde dot org English no 26-6th Pre-registration, registration or whatever else is needed
Ingo Kloecker / mahoutsukai / kloecker at kde dot org German, English, (French), (Spanish) no 29th-6th Already registered as session chair (call for help on KDE e.V. mailing list); can also help with pre-registration and video recording
Gaurav Chaturvedi / tazz / gaurav.p.chaturvedi at gmail dot com English no 28th-5th Pre-Registration , Photography
Rishab Arora / spacetime / ra.rishab at gmail dot com English no 30th-6th Session chair (as long as it doesn't conflict with my lightning talk)