Akademy/2012/Volunteers: Difference between revisions

From KDE Community Wiki
< Akademy‎ | 2012
m (Adding my (gaurav chaturvedi) name to the list.)
No edit summary

(4 intermediate revisions by 4 users not shown)
Line 172: Line 172:
| 30th-2nd
| 30th-2nd
| Video recorder and runner.
| Video recorder and runner.
|-
| Supreet Pal Singh / supreet / supreetpal at gmail dot com
| English
| no
| 28th-5th (Should not conflict with any talk and should not be on Wednesday after lunch)
| Already registered as a session chair but anything really. PS: Visa not confirmed yet.
|-
|-
| Kristjan Hiis / Koffer / kristjan at weebu eu
| Kristjan Hiis / Koffer / kristjan at weebu eu
Line 184: Line 178:
| 30th-1st (perhaps even 29th - but later in the evening)
| 30th-1st (perhaps even 29th - but later in the evening)
| I would like to take pictures of the event and people in there, also if anyone would give me a brief know-how on the filming - I could do that too.  
| I would like to take pictures of the event and people in there, also if anyone would give me a brief know-how on the filming - I could do that too.  
|-
| Allan Vein /
| English, Estonian
| yes
| 29th - 2th
| Set up venue, Party coordination and After the event items.
|-
|-
|-
| Samikshan Bairagya / samxan / samikshan at gmail dot com
| Samikshan Bairagya / samxan / samikshan at gmail dot com
Line 215: Line 216:
| Pre-Registration , Photography
| Pre-Registration , Photography
|-
|-
}
| Rishab Arora / spacetime / ra.rishab at gmail dot com
| English
| no
| 30th-6th
| Session chair (as long as it doesn't conflict with my lightning talk)
|-
| Valdur Kana / valdur55
| English, Estonian, (Germany)
| yes
| 29th - 6th
| Set up venue, Party coordination and After the event items.
|-

Latest revision as of 13:02, 19 June 2013

To sign up, please follow closely the following steps:

• Before filling your name in, please read the Call for Volunteers.
  • Check out the tasks listed below
  • Edit the table below and fill in your name and data. In the table please provide your name, the languages you speak, whether you are a local and/or know Tallinn, and the time/days when you are available.
  • Add your local mobile telephone number to your Akademy user profile.
  • Join the IRC channel #akademy on freenode

Available tasks

Before the event

• print and fold name badges and put them into pouches
  • set up venue:
    • hang banners and poster and signage
    • distribute cables in rooms
    • set up video stuff
  • Wifi etc
    • liaise with College IT to check if requirements are met
    • check if we need to arrange for extra switches and LAN cables
  • Party coordination (Saturday)
    • liaise with venue before and during the event

During the event

• Pre-registration (Friday afternoon/early evening)
    • check in attendees and hand out badges
    • print out new badges if necessary
  • Registration/Info desk (Saturday to Thursday)
    • check in attendees and hand out badges
    • print out new badges if necessary
    • sell KDE merchandise
    • general point of information
  • Session chairs
    • check that speaker has water
    • introduce speaker
    • make sure that talks starts and ends on time
    • moderate questions
  • Runner
    • able to drive a car
    • run errands, shop for stuff that might be missing
    • find people when needed
  • Party coordination
    • check party venue before attendees arrive
    • set up posters etc.
    • check badges of attendees at entrance
    • help to tidy up afterwards
  • Video operator
    • help record the talks
  • Group photo
    • take picture of all attendees

After the event(Friday afternoon)

• tidy venue
  • send left-over banners etc. back to sponsors

Name/IRC nick/email Languages local y/n? days/times available comments
Claudia Rauch, claudiar, rauch at kde dot org German, English n 29 June to 6 July set up venue, registration/info desk
Carl Symons, kallecarl, carlsymons at gmail dot com English n 29 June to 6 July
Heiki Ojasild, Repentinus, repentinus at fsfe dot org English, Estonian y June 29 to July 6 Pre-registration, registration, and also a runner if someone has a spare car. Repentinus does not know Tallinn especially well, but can manage.
Lee Marion Lepik, Lesperiae, draamakas at gmail dot com English, Estonian y June 28 to July 4 Registration/Info desk, can also help out at pre-registration or Session Chairs if needed. Knows Tallinn well enough to navigate easily.
Laszlo Papp, djszapi, lpapp at kde dot org English, Hungarian n 29 June to 6 July Session Chairs or/and Video Recording
Kristjan Kütaru, kusti85 at gmail.com Estonian, English, little Finnish and Russian Yes, local 29 June to 4 July Pre-registration ,Registration/Info desk,Party coordination, I think I might also be able to help on July 6th, after the event if needed.
Martin Klapetek / mck182 / [email protected] English, Czech, Slovak n 1 July to 2 July, possibly 5th as well Session Chairs, possibly info desk if needed
Kenny Duffus, seaLne English no 27th June - 6th July
Priit Pihus / pihus / priit[at]pihus.ee Estonian, English yes 28th June - 6th July (if needed I could start earlier/stay longer) Wifi etc, drive a car if someone provides it, Party coordination, video op, etc. Basically anything.
Kenny Coyle / automatical / kenny[at]heloo.net English no 27th June - 5th July Venue prep, Registration/ Info desk and anything else that I can help with.
Stanislav Karchebny / berkus / berkus[at]exquance.com Russian, English yes 27th June - 6th July (if needed I could start earlier/stay longer) Anything I could help with, drive a car, Party coordination, etc. Basically anything.
Martin Gräßlin / mgraesslin / mgraesslin at kde dot org German, English no 1st July - 6th July Session chair on the day I'm not giving a talk
Sune Vuorela / svuorela / sune vuorela dk Danish, english no 29th-6th friday registration, very skilled at putting badges in pouches
Pradeepto Bhattacharya / pradeepto / pradeepto at kde dot org English no 28th-5th Pre-registration, registration. Will commit to more once I have a confirmed visa.
Rohan Garg / shadeslayer / rohangarg at kubuntu dot org English no 30th-2nd Video recorder and runner.
Kristjan Hiis / Koffer / kristjan at weebu eu Estonian, English yes 30th-1st (perhaps even 29th - but later in the evening) I would like to take pictures of the event and people in there, also if anyone would give me a brief know-how on the filming - I could do that too.
Allan Vein / English, Estonian yes 29th - 2th Set up venue, Party coordination and After the event items.
Samikshan Bairagya / samxan / samikshan at gmail dot com English no 30th-6th (I would love to attend most talks and workshops though.) This will be the first time I am volunteering for any such event (Also my first time at Akademy) I would love to help in any way really -- no preferences as such. PS: Visa not confirmed yet.
Smit Mehta / smitmehta / smit dot meh at gmail dot com English no 30th-6th I would like to be a session chair. Will commit to more once visa is confirmed.
Valorie Zimmerman / valorie / valorie at kde dot org English no 26-6th Pre-registration, registration or whatever else is needed
Ingo Kloecker / mahoutsukai / kloecker at kde dot org German, English, (French), (Spanish) no 29th-6th Already registered as session chair (call for help on KDE e.V. mailing list); can also help with pre-registration and video recording
Gaurav Chaturvedi / tazz / gaurav.p.chaturvedi at gmail dot com English no 28th-5th Pre-Registration , Photography
Rishab Arora / spacetime / ra.rishab at gmail dot com English no 30th-6th Session chair (as long as it doesn't conflict with my lightning talk)
Valdur Kana / valdur55 English, Estonian, (Germany) yes 29th - 6th Set up venue, Party coordination and After the event items.