Close to the venue
- Pirosmani :Georgian restaurant, not far from the IT college (can definitely walk there). Their shashlik is a must!
- Bogdan :Ukraine restorant - around 1km from IT College, address: Mustamäe tee 116. Decent Ukraine national dishes - from Borsh to Shaslik and hand made dumplings - at relatively good prices.
In the city
There are lots of restaurants and cafés in the famous Old Town of Tallinn so you won't have any problems finding a place to eat and hang out. Here are some recommendations:
- Von Krahli Aed: Good value for money. Try the risotto
- Kompressor: They serve huge pancakes that are a whole meal (seriously, eating a whole one is quite a challenge!)
- Golden Piglet Inn - large variety of true Estonian national food, including the famous Estonian blood sausage :) Address: Rataskaevu 7, Old Town (Hotel St. Petersbourg). Main courses are 13-25 EUR - but if your goal is to taste quality national dishes then this place might be right for you.
- Kloostri Ait Restaurant - located in Vene street 14 in Old Town - in a building that was once a part of Dominican order monastery. Kloostri Ait serves cuisine mainly from Estonia and Russia, and has a nice bohemian athmosphere for drinking beer or wine and listening to live jazz music.
- Olde Hansa - The Medieval Restaurant - taking you on a journey back into medieval Hanseatic League Tallinn. Can be expensive - as they serve also rare delicacies like bear meat - but if you are up to a unique experience with time machine... enough said.
- Peppersack: a bit more pricey but offers a range of gluten-free dishes and also a vegetarian special
- Boheem: Close to the main train station of Tallinn, you can find the historic Kalamaja district with houses in wooden architecture. Boheem Café is also an old house with nice furniture and will make you feel like at home and they have great food (huge and tasty salads, for instance)
- Gourmet Coffee: This is a quiet café with incredibly tasty food. The area surrounding it is really great. Gourmet Coffee is located at the entrance of Kadriorg, a nice park not far from the city center.
- Kompott: Cozy restaurant and café with friendly staff and truly estonian food! Inexpensive and recommend if you want something quiet!
- Sfäär:Both shop and restaurant, Sfäär offers what seems to be a mix of Estonian and Mediterranean cuisine
Vegetarian and vegan friendly
- Chakra: Indian restaurant in Old Town Chakra website and menu (pdf). Typical Indian fare, including vegetarian; likely that vegan food is available as well.
- Aed, Von Krahl: Just across the street from Kompressor, try the risotto if you go there. This place is a bar, theatre, and restaurant, and also has a garden. The have a vegetarian menue and list gluten-free dishes
- NOP: shop and café with organic and vegan food, located in Kadriorg area, which is a unique district in Tallinn characterized by old wooden houses, some dating back to the late 19th century
- Elevant: An Indian restaurant, located in the Old Town, with a big selection of vegetable curries. Prices for main dishes between 7 and 10 EUR.
- African Kitchen: Dishes from all over Africa, plenty of vegetarian choices and some vegan, too
Pubs and bars
- Hell Hunt: Huge selection of beer and an awesome atmosphere are what make Hell Hunt a really unique place! They have food, too.
- Valli Baar: Travel back in time and get a genuine pub experience. Try a millimallikas (estonian for jellyfish!) shot, but please do eat something beforehand ;)
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.