KDE will celebrate its 20th birthday on 14th of October 2016. It all started with this email.
We should ...
- Organize big birthday parties all over the world
- Use the Akademy group pictures to make a timeline for each Akademy attendee
- KDE1 theme for Plasma
- Grand total of commits/bug reports/bug fixes per person
- Sell signed limited edition KDE software release
- Promo video, showcased as primary part of KDE.org homepage. Showing examples of KDE software in use all over the world.
- Party with major press, not only tech invited, to show KDE to world
- Update behindkde.org with more content
- People/Organizations behind KDE videos/documentaries
- Do a special event at QtCon where we invite relevant people from KDE's history, have a series of brief lightning talks from them, record them, celebrate
- Do an interview with the founders of KDE at the original place where it happened (it supposedly was a table in the cafeteria)
- Publish articles about KDE's birthday in the relevant magazines and news sites
- Provide a press kit for "20 years of KDE"
- Contact old-timers and drag (some of) them to QtCon
- Get a 20 anniversary design for kde.org
- ... your idea here
Feel free to take any task, your help is very welcome!
- Lydia pokes people to send trivia questions
- Lydia compiles articles about Past, Present and Future of KDE.
- Testimonials from people born 20 years ago, preferably KDE/FOSS users
- Write an article about what KDE produced in the last twenty years
- Testimonials from other open source projects
- Lydia requests data visualization projects
- Thomas Pfeiffer contacts Tyson & Jens to come up with a 20 anniversary konqi
- We can provide printable posters
- ¿cakes design?
- Helio collects live CDs or installed virtual machines with old version of KDE software and make them runnable in the browser
This page was last edited on 17 July 2016, at 22:24. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.