Neon/NobleUpgrades/Results: Difference between revisions

From KDE Community Wiki
mNo edit summary
No edit summary
Line 1: Line 1:
Fabian<br>
User Edition 22.04 -> 24.04
10/10/24
the upgrade created a new UEFI entry called "KDE Neon 6.1". The older one "neon" is no longer working.
After upgrading to 24.04 I had to run "apt --fix-broken-install". But I think that's because the Firefox .deb repo got deactivated with the upgrade and then the installed version of Firefox conflicted with the transitional package from the Ubuntu repo which wants to install the snap version.
In Plasma Discover the Ubuntu repositories are no longer shown, but that was expected. With Ubuntu 24.04 Canonical changed their location. You have the same problem in Kubuntu.<br>
--<br>
Jonathan Riddell<br>
Jonathan Riddell<br>
User edition jammy to noble upgrade<br>
User edition jammy to noble upgrade<br>

Revision as of 01:47, 10 October 2024

Fabian
User Edition 22.04 -> 24.04 10/10/24 the upgrade created a new UEFI entry called "KDE Neon 6.1". The older one "neon" is no longer working.

After upgrading to 24.04 I had to run "apt --fix-broken-install". But I think that's because the Firefox .deb repo got deactivated with the upgrade and then the installed version of Firefox conflicted with the transitional package from the Ubuntu repo which wants to install the snap version.

In Plasma Discover the Ubuntu repositories are no longer shown, but that was expected. With Ubuntu 24.04 Canonical changed their location. You have the same problem in Kubuntu.
--
Jonathan Riddell
User edition jammy to noble upgrade
1/10/24
Worked great
--
Jonathan Riddell
Testing edition jammy ISO to noble upgrade on VM
1/10/24 Worked great
--
Jonathan Riddell
Unstable edition jammy ISO to noble upgrade on VM
1/10/24 Worked great
--
Camilla uwu
neon-noble-user-20240930-1043
1/10/24
only black screen with plymouth enabled (AMD driver/plymouth/sddm) issue
Workaround (for me):
- Edit /etc/default/grub: the line "GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=". Delete the words "quiet splash" (leave the quotation marks ).
- Run sudo update-grub
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/2063877
--
Christian Lindberg
User edition Jammy to Noble upgrade
2/10/24
Only issue was having to fix sound input again with alsamixer, rest was perfect, upgrade from nvidia-535 to 550 worked well afterwards as well with dkms --