This page tracks the Wayland showstoppers throughout the stack. Showstoppers are major bugs, or missing features affecting the Wayland session but not the X11 session. This is part of KDE's Wayland goal.
- Session restoring does not include Wayland native windows: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=436318. Our sessions management recover engine is based on the X Session Management Protocol and there is apparently currently no generic concept to do it on Wayland. But on Qt it's plugin-able and GNOME has had their own implementation for some time.
- Windows that *are* session-restored go on the wrong virtual desktops: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=421870
- When the compositor crashes or restarts, all apps are killed: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=437709
- Windows that were closed when maximized will open in the maximized position, but not the maximized state: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=437089
- Saving and restoring activities does not work
- Monitor connector names are different across X11 and Wayland, so logging into a Wayland session from X11 breaks multimonitor layout and Plasma configs: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=385135
- Font Management KCM doesn't work/isn't visible: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=439375
- Graphic tablet KCM doesn't work: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=433045
- Gamma KCM doesn't work/isn't visible
- Key repeat rate setting is broken: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=443721
Drag and Drop issues
- Dragging item from the desktop makes it temporarily disappear: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=443470
- Can't abort drag-and-drop with the Esc key while dropped file is over Plasma panel or desktop: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=405267
- Very blurry fractional scaling for native Wayland windows due to using a downsampled 2x or 3x pixmap: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/wayland-protocols/-/issues/34
- No color management: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=439135 / https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/wayland-protocols/-/merge_requests/14
- KDE app windows don't get brought forward when activated by another KDE app: https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtwayland/+/321246 (in review: ; support will come sometime for Qt 6)
- KDE app windows activated by Electron apps don't get brought forward due to lack of support for the Activation protocol in the toolkit: https://github.com/electron/electron/issues/30912
This page was last edited on 23 October 2021, at 14:52. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.