either multible line and or with icon
List View selections in combination with the Shift key or Control key
- use only if the widget is not part of a form, but the central widget to your app, like in Dolphin
- does not work for mobile/touch devices
Its recommended to use a picker or a checkbox list instead.
|use if items deselection is not a primary action||use if items are often deselcted|
the deselect item only appears on mouse over
For mouse use Kirigami suppoers the same patterns as Plasma does.
For touch these patterns are supported.
|do not use this pattern if any other actions on the items are needed||use if other actions on swipe are available|
- use if there are a lot of items, and only the selected items must be visible
- use if user can rearrange the list
Check box list
- use if all items need to be visible
- use if only a few items are expected to exist
- don't use if user can rearrange the list
- only use with check boxes, not with switches or radio buttons
The changes in the state of the check boxes are not instant-apply. Information Button (i). Use to display additional information in a separate window.
Change background color in order to highlight an item.
If in an expandable list only one item can be expanded at a time, there is no need for changing the background color.
Only use alternating background colors to differentiate between items, if you have wide and narrow rows which are hard to differentiate otherwise. Don't use a border and alternating background colors together.