A toolbox provides tools to toggle the major mode of operation for an application. These tools are used to create or manipulate elements within the current document.
- Provide only one toolbox for your application.
- Use a docker for the toolbox.
- Use the header "Tools".
- Make a toolbox two items wide by default.
- Use only icons in the toolbox, assign a tooltip to each tool.
- Make the tools modal.
- Provide a simple selection tool and make it the default when the application is started.
- Don't use tools in a toolbox that open other windows. Use the toolbar for those.
This page was last modified on 30 March 2016, at 12:21. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.