What is KLettres
- A program to help people learn the alphabet and some syllables in a foreign language
- Level 1: the user sees and hears the letter and must type it
- Level 2: the user only hears the letter and must remember it and type it
- Level 3 and 4 are as Levels 1 and 2 but for syllables.
If you are interested in KLettres and want to get involved, please write to the KDE Edu mailing list or to Anne-Marie Mahfouf (annma at kde dot org).
Refactoring Planning and Open Tasks
- Separate data processing from UI: the view class should only have UI handling and painting methods
- Refactor the language and sounds handling classes: read XML file and display only available levels for the selected language (parsing of layout document, probably add a class for this)
- Add feedback (Animations) to tell the user if he is right or wrong
- Add some more customization to language files (Alternate spellings, font)
- Assess use of QML, is it mature enough?
- Make it Active: no menubar, no right click, click targets big enough
- Post SoK: theme support outside hard coded theme classes (xml or desktop files)
This page was last modified on 27 May 2013, at 17:53. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.